The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drug Testing Welfare Recipients

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    It should apply to all gov. subsidized money including welfare, student loans, farm loans , SS, business loans etc, if people are going to get free money from the goverment lets not limit the scope of this to the poor. I can just see it now the farmers, politicans, bankers, college students, and seniors lined up together for their drug tests.
    It's this way....my husband and I paid into SS for years and years. We are entitled to this in our old age. It was and is our money. Our employers paid into it for us also. If the government had not started stealing from the SS
    it would not be in trouble at all. In the mid 1970s the "Reader's Digest" had an article that explained how well it was working and how it would never be used up as I recall. Guess what the government did just that. Our government as it now stands ( and has for many years ) is nothing but a bunch of crooks.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    As your knowledge of government operations is limited I will explain to you, SS is not a handout. We wage earners & the self employed were/are required to pay into this program so it could be mismanaged. Had I been able to invest the money I paid into SS & gotten the additional wages for what my employer paid into the program. We would not need a nickels worth of help.

Please be kind enough to know what you are talking about prior to clicking "Submit Reply" .
    Bingo ! Excellent post.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

As your knowledge of government operations is limited I will explain to you, SS is not a handout. We wage earners & the self employed were/are required to pay into this program so it could be mismanaged. Had I been able to invest the money I paid into SS & gotten the additional wages for what my employer paid into the program. We would not need a nickels worth of help.

Please be kind enough to know what you are talking about prior to clicking "Submit Reply" .
    Your knowledge on this topic seems to be lacking also, there are thousands of people who are on SS that have never paid a dime into the program. Really, I know you may not understand it buts it true, look into it. Then once you gain a understanding of the program come back to the conversation. Here's a link check it out.
    http://www.ssa.gov/pgm/survivors.htm

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Spoken like a true Libertarian!
    What MNgundog is stating is anything but Libertarian. A Libertarian government would demand a certain self-suffiency of the people and not a nanny state with entitlements destroying the Treasury!
    Last edited by Franco; 02-05-2012 at 01:23 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Spoken like a true Libertarian!
    Zeus, for the most part of the last 15 years I have been employed in jobs that had random drug screening, I have absolutly no issue with my employer testing me once a year or twenty times a year. The thought of the Gov. spending a billion dollars to save 200 million is frankly dumb. The thought that the Gov. could implement a low cost drug test is frankly dumb. The thought of me paying my taxes to support both the rich and the poor is frankly dumb. The Gov. blindly throwing money around got us into this mess, the thought that throwing more money around is not the solution.
    Last edited by mngundog; 02-05-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Zeus, for the most part of the last 15 years I have been employed in jobs that had random drug screening, I have absolutly no issue with my employer testing me once a year or twenty times a year. The thought of the Gov. spending a billion dollars to save 200 million is frankly dumb. The thought that the Gov. could implement a low cost drug test is frankly dumb. The thought of me paying my taxes to support both the rich and the poor is frankly dumb. The Gov. blindly throwing money around got us into this mess, the thought that throwing more money around is not the solution.
    Can't say I disagree with you! My response was a bit tongue in cheek.

Unfortunately, people on both the left and right make demands on government that greatly increases the cost of administration of programs and produces little in intended result.

Many rail on this site about the intrusion of government into the lives of the citizenry. Yet they will jump on a less powerful class and promote wasteful spending in order to fund the effort. They would never submit to that kind of intrusion when it comes to them.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

We wage earners & the self employed were/are required to pay into this program so it could be mismanaged. .
    Your knowledge on this topic seems to be lacking also, there are thousands of people who are on SS that have never paid a dime into the program. Really, I know you may not understand it buts it true, look into it. Then once you gain a understanding of the program come back to the conversation. Here's a link check it out.
    http://www.ssa.gov/pgm/survivors.htm
    What part of that did you not understand . I fully understood it is an insurance program also.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Can't say I disagree with you! My response was a bit tongue in cheek.

Unfortunately, people on both the left and right make demands on government that greatly increases the cost of administration of programs and produces little in intended result.

Many rail on this site about the intrusion of government into the lives of the citizenry. Yet they will jump on a less powerful class and promote wasteful spending in order to fund the effort. They would never submit to that kind of intrusion when it comes to them.
    I don't quite understand that bolded part ... many people submit to it all the time as part of an employment requirement. If they want the job, and want the pay, they agree to the testing. How is this different with a requirement for the same for welfare recipients?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

What part of that did you not understand . I fully understood it is an insurance program also.
    Marvin the part of your quote that is missing is where you said SS is not a handout, where actually in many situations it is just another handout. That's the part I think you didn't understand. I hope my link helped to educate you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I don't quite understand that bolded part ... many people submit to it all the time as part of an employment requirement. If they 2
    want the job, and want the pay, they agree to the testing. How is this different with a requirement for the same for welfare recipients?
    What are you assuming when you demand testing? That all poor people are drug addicts?

Secondly, would the cost of testing gain you any benefit in reduced cost over all? It may not.

There is also the government intrusion issue. The Constitution protects against government intrusion, but the same rules do not apply to private entity intrusion.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!