The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Weeks Jobs Report

Default Last Weeks Jobs Report

At the end of the day, we are all going to vote based on our pocket book.

So here is some food for thought, as the number of unemployeed continues to decline, American's are going to not want to change Presidents.

Now as the stockmarket rallies between now and the election, people are not going to want to change Presidents.

Liars figure and figures lie.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    At the end of the day, we are all going to vote based on our pocket book.

So here is some food for thought, as the number of unemployeed continues to decline, American's are going to not want to change Presidents.

Now as the stockmarket rallies between now and the election, people are not going to want to change Presidents.
    Any comment on the enormous numbers of people who fell off the unemployment ranks??

Standing by.........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I don't generally vote by what I think will help my pocket book, but by for who I feel best represents the America I wish to see. This is frequently not in my own best economic interest. (I generally vote Rep or Libertarian, and will NOT be voting for the current pres. even if every person in the US who wants a job is working and the DOW hits 15,000)
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I don't generally vote by what I think will help my pocket book, but by for who I feel best represents the America I wish to see. This is frequently not in my own best economic interest. (I generally vote Rep or Libertarian, and will NOT be voting for the current pres. even if every person in the US who wants a job is working and the DOW hits 15,000)
    X2

To paraphrase Michelle Obama, "I have never been more ashamed to be an American."
    And I was around in the Carter debacle.

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 02-06-2012 at 10:53 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Stan, I can only comment for myself, but I do know a lot of folks in the same or similar situations. I have been gainfully employed now for about 2 months. I am currently working about 50 hours a week and making about one quarter of what I earned before the crash. I can not afford to buy a home, definitely not much of a "consumer" of anything these days, I must carefully maintain my old vehicle so that I can get another 175,000 miles on it, I dare not get sick or injured as I can not afford any health insurance, and oh yeah, I will be lucky to get 15 hours a week once the ski season is over. So yep, I am off the "unemployed" rolls, but I do not see how I or the economy have been positively affected by that fact.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Any comment on the enormous numbers of people who fell off the unemployment ranks??

Standing by.........

RK
    Some fell off and some got on.

Just wait until Obama is saying that we have a lot more to do, but without the republican's help we managed to get unemployment down to 7%. Now you can reelect me to 4 more years and I'll keeping fighting the fight for you, or you can vote for the crowd that put us in deepest recession in 3 generations. And by the way I'm a Christian and I believe that Jesus died for us.

I think Obama need to run and run that Clint Eastwood comercial, too. Because he can take full credit for that and remind Americans how the republicans wanted to turn their back on Amercian workers.

Hooverism does not work in a recession.

Good luck in November

Just wait until Obama is saying that we have a lot more to do, but without the republican's help we managed to get unemployment down to 7%. Now you can reelect me to 4 more years and I'll keeping fighting the fight for you, or you can vote for the crowd that put us in deepest recession in 3 generations. And by the way I'm a Christian and I believe that Jesus died for us.

I think Obama need to run and run that Clint Eastwood comercial, too. Because he can take full credit for that and remind Americans how the republicans wanted to turn their back on Amercian workers.

Hooverism does not work in a recession.

Good luck in November
    I don't think luck will work for you this time, but you can "HOPE!!!"

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I don't think luck will work for you this time, but you can "HOPE!!!"

RK
    Just like the Giants vs Patriots...I picked the Giants and I pick Obama! So soon it will be time to rumble....I hope you are ready to ride that Romney rollercoaster...he is so weak against Obama, and go ahead and keep pretending he is just reading a telecomter

According to an article in the Wash Post today a 1.2 million net loss in the work force. They are there, just no longer counted. I can't help but wonder what your attitude would be should you be unfortunate enough to join them.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth