The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Last Weeks Jobs Report

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    Give it time, GM's stock will go to $50, especially as americans go back to work and buy more cars. Obama's mortage plan will help speed that up as folks get some relief on their home mortages.

I know you want him to fail, no matter how bad it is for your neighbor
    Fix mortgages? I know people who have went through this, they reduced their payment by 50 a month and now have a massive baloon payment at the end. It did nothing to help them with homes that are worth 1/5 of their value, or to help them make their payments.

Yup they help with paying for everything. How bout the payroll tax cut
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_1...yroll-tax-cut/

"It's actually built into this [interest] rate. You would never see the fee as a cost to you,"
    "Your pocketbook is being raided in order to pay for a tax policy issue decided at the last minute by probably people who didn't understand fully what they were legislating on."
    One congressman, Florida Republican Allen West, said he tried to blow the whistle on the whole thing before Christmas.

"I read the legislation and raised the flag. Unfortunately nobody paid attention to what I was saying at the time," he said, calling the fee a backdoor tax increase on the middle class
    An Obama administration official defended the mortgage fee, calling it "modest." She said it's "unlikely to negatively affect borrowers" because increases "will be phased in over the next two years." And it will "help bring private capital back into the mortgage market, which [is] good for borrowers over the long term."
    Yup all the stuff passed is for the greater good of everyone......
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Give it time, GM's stock will go to $50, especially as americans go back to work and buy more cars. Obama's mortage plan will help speed that up as folks get some relief on their home mortages.

I know you want him to fail, no matter how bad it is for your neighbor
    How many people do YOU know buying GM vehicles versus Other brands???

There are more people PISSED off at the bailout then there are, that are glad to see it in place...the result is PEOPLE are TAKING IT OUT ON GM, and NOT purchasing their vehicles.

I know I will NEVER purchase another GM vehicle...it has to do with the bail out and the fact they took that money and still pruduce a CHIT product. A product that does not compete with others on a sytle, mechanical, safty, reliablilty, and price platform.

There are many, many, many more of people like me then there are people like you on this subject.

Jake

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    How many people do YOU know buying GM vehicles versus Other brands???

There are more people PISSED off at the bailout then there are, that are glad to see it in place...the result is PEOPLE are TAKING IT OUT ON GM, and NOT purchasing their vehicles.

I know I will NEVER purchase another GM vehicle...it has to do with the bail out and the fact they took that money and still pruduce a CHIT product. A product that does not compete with others on a sytle, mechanical, safty, reliablilty, and price platform.

There are many, many, many more of people like me then there are people like you on this subject.

Jake
    ^^^ What he said!^^^

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    ^^^ What he said!^^^

RK
    Obviously you have not owned a Dodge lately...give one a try...you want go back

Obviously you have not owned a Dodge lately...give one a try...you want go back
    I sure like my RAM!

By the way, I recently heard a statistic that the AVERAGE age of cars on the road is now OVER 10 years.

I'm going to buy some more GM and some more FORD. I have a long horizon. Wish I had liquidated everything and bought all the FORD I could afford when they were under 2 bucks. I did get a small boatload though!
    Last edited by Buzz; 02-08-2012 at 01:56 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I sure like my RAM!

By the way, I recently heard a statistic that the AVERAGE age of cars on the road is now OVER 10 years.

I'm going to buy some more GM and some more FORD. I have a long horizon. Wish I had liquidated everything and bought all the FORD I could afford when they were under 2 bucks. I did get a small boatload though!
    Now I know why you are adding a third dog. By the way I have an 8 month old Willie puppy too. So far I like him!

White House reveals jobless forecast -- but disavows it
    By Caren Bohan | Reuters 35 mins ago....EmailNew: Now the email button gives you a quick and easy way to start a conversation.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama will forecast a U.S. unemployment rate averaging 8.9 percent in 2012 in his annual budget on Monday - but before the document was even released a top aide called the projection "stale" and said it should be lower.

"We would certainly lower our forecast of the unemployment rate from the figures that will appear in Monday's Budget if we were to do another forecast today," top White House economist Alan Krueger said in an e-mail.

"The forecast of the unemployment rate that will accompany the Budget should be considered stale and out of date," wrote Krueger, who is chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisors.

In mid-November, when the economic forecasts were compiled, the nation's latest reported unemployment rate was 9 percent. Last month, the jobless rate dropped to a three-year low of 8.3 percent as employers added 243,000 new jobs.

Because of that, Obama's aides said their previous forecasts are already out of date.

Under pressure to reduce unemployment in an election year, Obama has welcomed a series of monthly reports showing unexpected declines in the unemployment rate.

The unemployment estimates that his administration will release next week underpin the White House forecasts on budget deficits and the national debt.

But the economic assumptions, including the jobless rate and gross domestic product, are usually calculated many weeks before the budget is actually unveiled.

It appears the administration may leave people guessing about its more updated unemployment forecast. However, the White House will seek to make the case that if its policies were adopted -- including the extension of a payroll tax cut for workers and new investment in infrastructure -- the country would see healthy job growth.

An administration official said that a report on the economy expected later this month would project payroll employment growth of 2 million in 2012 if Congress passed Obama's economic agenda.

Republicans vying to challenge Obama in the November 6 election, including frontrunner Mitt Romney, have repeatedly criticized the Democratic president's handling of the economy and made the problem of high unemployment a central theme of the campaign.

Each year since he took office in 2009, Obama has continued the ritual of making public his economic forecasts. But he suffered a political backlash for a forecast his top economists issued in early 2009.

Obama's aides said then that if Congress were to pass his $800 billion economic stimulus package, it would prevent the U.S. unemployment rate from surging above 8 percent.

The Democratic-led Congress quickly approved the stimulus package but the jobless rate ultimately climbed above 10 percent before eventually declining to its current rate of 8.3 percent.

(Reporting By Caren Bohan; additional reporting by Susan Heavey; Editing by Eric Beech and Vicki Allen)
    Who's on first????

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

In theory, foreclosure should have been started after 60 days of no mortgage payments, but that still hasn't happened.
    Are you sure about that.
    My lawyer has told me over and over again that PA actually requires 90 days tardy to send out the first letter and get the bankruptcy process going,, even if the contract states 30 days as mine does. Hell,, he was even almost 2 years behind in taxes, And I still had to wait.
    PA has the most liberal realestate laws favoring the theives and con artists. I always try to keep in mind that a "common wealth" means my wealth is common to the rest of the sluggards.

Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

At this point, Pete, those mortgage payments are getting close to a year in arrears.

The non-payment of taxes would be something different. I believe that after 2 years, the taxing authority will initiate a tax sale (Sheriff's Sale) ... usually, then, the lender will purchase the property for the back taxes due.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

oopppps Gerry I meant forcloser ,,,not bankruptcy.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus