The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Clint Eastwood and that Chrysler SB Commercial

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    Why can't we be happy for our neighbors?

US Auto has come a long way and has made major steps to recreate intself to compete in a very tough industry. If they succeed we all win, so can you please stop routing for them to fail
    No need to root for them to fail, they already did.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

RK - All your really creative advertisers have worked for politicians. Hell if they havn't you probably should use someone else. These political campaigns spend billions of dollars so any good advertiser is going to get some of it.

Try again RK
    Nope, you try again

McCann - Erickson USA has handled all Chrysler advertising for over a dozen years.

The Clint Eastwood SB ad was produced by an outside political advertising firm!

It was the UAW's way of supporting Obama in the upcoming election. I think Eastwood was duped into doing the ad because of his big hit "Grand Torino". With all the fallout since it aired, I'm sure Eastwood wouldn't touch this assignment with a 10 foot poll with hindsight!
    Last edited by Franco; 02-07-2012 at 10:10 AM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Why can't we be happy for our neighbors?

US Auto has come a long way and has made major steps to recreate intself to compete in a very tough industry. If they succeed we all win, so can you please stop routing for them to fail
    I thought this thread was about Chrysler which is an Italian auto not a US auto.
    I guess if you consider Toyota and Honda US automobiles then you could include Chrysler.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Nope, you try again

McCann USA has handled all Chrysler advertising for over a dozen years.

The Clint Eastwood SB ad was produced by an outside political advertising firm!

It was the UAW's way of supporting Obama in the upcoming election. I think Eastwood was duped into doing the ad because of his big hit "Grand Torino". With all the fallout since it aired, I'm sure Eastwood wouldn't touch this assignment with a 10 foot poll with hindsight!
    I'm sorry your hero did something positive and you don't like it. I'm sure he would do it again....because he is a smart man, and the likes of Jim Beck don't pull his strings

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    I thought this thread was about Chrysler which is an Italian auto not a US auto.
    I guess if you consider Toyota and Honda US automobiles then you could include Chrysler.
    Correct, and before it became an Italian Company it was a German Company (Damlier-Benz).

P S

Part of the deal when Fiat purchased the company out of bankruptcy was that USA tax payers would payoff 1.3 billion of the former companies bad debt!

Had our government not interfered and let this situtaion run its true course, Chrysler along with Dodge and Jeep would be well on it way to recovery. Understand that big government can't stand it when companies do well without thier help!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

I'm sorry your hero did something positive and you don't like it. I'm sure he would do it again....because he is a smart man, and the likes of Jim Beck don't pull his strings
    Yup, Beck is an idiot but, had Eastwood realized the politics behind what was going on, he wouldn't have agreed to do this project!

Remember, Eastwood is by his own admission a Libertarian and they hate big intrusive Democrat style government.
    Last edited by Franco; 02-07-2012 at 10:19 AM.

I'm sure Eastwood wouldn't touch this assignment with a 10 foot poll with hindsight!

I bet at this point in his live, Eastwood is really worried about what people think of him.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Had our government not interfered and let this situtaion run its true course, Chrysler along with Dodge and Jeep would be well on it way to recovery. Understand that big government can't stand it when companies do well without thier help!

And you know this how?

Remember, Eastwood is by his own admission a Libertarian and they hate big intrusive Democrat style government.

He must be getting senile and can no longer figure anything out for himself.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    And you know this how?

Because Damlier-Benz did two things for the Chrysler brands that haddened been done before. The brought up to date styling and better engineering to all Chrysler brands. They just couldn't deal with the UAW anymore. As they said when they divested of Chrysler that the quality of workers in Germany compared to Detroit were oceans apart!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

Nope, I think he was duped. Probably approached along the lines of; you stared and produced this wonderful movie, "Grand Tarino" and we want to take it a step further........

All the while the political ad agency knew exactly what they were doing.