The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 70,000,000 Votes????

Default 70,000,000 Votes????

Catholic League Poised To Go To War With Obama Over Mandatory Birth Control Payments
    Donohue Says 70 Million Of His Voters Ready To Alter Presidential Election
    February 6, 2012 11:00 PM

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Catholic leaders upped the ante Monday, threatening to challenge the Obama administration over a provision of the new health care law that would require all employers, including religious institutions, to pay for birth control.

As CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer reports, it could affect the presidential elections.

Catholic leaders are furious and determined to harness the voting power of the nation’s 70 million Catholic voters to stop a provision of President Barack Obama’s new heath car reform bill that will force Catholic schools, hospitals and charities to buy birth control pills, abortion-producing drugs and sterilization coverage for their employees.

“Never before, unprecedented in American history, for the federal government to line up against the Roman Catholic Church,” said Catholic League head Bill Donohue.

Already Archbishop Timothy Dolan has spoken out against the law and priests around the country have mobilized, reading letters from the pulpit. Donohue said Catholic officials will stop at nothing to put a stop to it.

“This is going to be fought out with lawsuits, with court decisions, and, dare I say it, maybe even in the streets,” Donohue said.

But pro-choice groups said they will fight the church and fight for the right of employees of Catholic institutions to have birth control and other services paid for.

“The Catholic hierarchy seems to be playing a cynical game of chicken and they don’t seem to care that the health and well being of millions of American woman are what’s at stake here,” National Abortion Rights Action League President Andrea Miller said.

Catholic leaders hope they will have more sway with the White House than usual because it is a presidential election year, hoping that if even a small percentage of Catholics back Obama’s opponent it could cost him the election.

When asked if this issue would affect who he would vote for in November, Wilton, Conn., resident Peter Taylor said, “Potentially, yes. I think it is a very serious issue, very meaningful.”

But not everyone views the situation as dire.

“I would certainly vote for Obama anyway. The church has to get up to date,” Manhattan resident Sue Thomas said.

Sources told Kramer that American bishops are contemplating a massive march on Washington, using people and school kids bused in from all over to protest the law.
    Holy schnikees!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Look for the Obama Administration to cave and give the Catholic Church an exemption.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Are there then other religious organizations that will have to be given exemptions?

As the list of exemptions grows, the impact of the "universal mandate" will be mediated.

OTOH, maybe not. With more exemptions, it will simply mean that everybody will still pay more for health insurance because the cost of these provisions will still be included for everyone else ... and there will be fewer of those "everyone elses" to pay for the benefits. So, insurors will raise rates across the board to offset that.

By the time the exemptions are finished, it seems that it will result in those that were paying for health insurance before, will simply be paying more for it due to the benefits being given that weren't given before; and given to people who couldn't pay for it before (and many of whom won't be able to pay for it now since it will cost even more).

Yup, I'd say that sounds like a new tax. And this new "tax" won't be limited to the "rich". It will impact every level of income earner that is not eligible for a subsidy for their health care.

The extremely rich really don't care since they can probably pay for their health care "cash & carry" without needing health insurance. Do we really doubt that Romney, Obama, or Buffet couldn't pay for their own heart transplant? But a fellow making $1 million a year, which sounds rich, might even have some trouble. Someone making $250K/year would definitely have a problem.

Makes me wonder if the health care industry couldn't just form its own "network" for health care payments. Cut out the middle man (insurance companies). Insurance companies still have plenty of other markets.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I love how the church wants exemptions from everything like taxes and reporting child rape/molestation, but yet they feel the need to dictate how our country should be run. They reap all the benefits and none of the responsibilities. Oh that's right they don't care about us, just our immortal souls.

I'd really like to say what I think about organized religions, but I'd get banned.

And yeah I believe in God, but not child rapists, the ones that protect them, and the ones that say it's ok to kill civilians in the name of God. As if I'll take life lessons from these bunch of sleaze balls.
    Joe Dickerson

R.I.P. 4xGMPR HRCH Hunters Marsh Jack Daniels Bubba Jazz MH
    Call Name: JD

That is a bit of a overgeneralization there. Unfortunately the church is made up of fallen people, and what goes on outside the church, happens inside too. One group is supposed to know when they screw up though.
    I doubt the catholic church has this much pull though. They may have that many members but they won't vote for who the pope tells them to vote for.IMHPO (p=presbyterian)
    It is pretty scary though that the government is stepping this far into personal decisions. I think Liberty in this country is slipping away unless...RP 2012
    shameless plug

If the Obama regime will go after the Catholic Church, fairly large entity, you think he is afraid of the Constitution?
    The 2nd amendment?

I mean what is next??

As far as the indignant Catholics??
    You were driving in a race car with this guy, giving him whiskey.

Now your upset about being in the ditch???

WOW!!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I don't suppose you'd believe that I'm Catholic. Catholic school, Alter Boy, almost decided to go into the priesthood. Something must have gone wrong because I'm not a single issue voter, and I would not allow the church to tell me how to vote.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I don't suppose you'd believe that I'm Catholic. Catholic school, Alter Boy, almost decided to go into the priesthood. Something must have gone wrong because I'm not a single issue voter, and I would not allow the church to tell me how to vote.
    But you WOULD allow Obama to tell your church thier business???
    Forcing them to violate thier doctrine??

I think you have changed religions.

Is that Lake Erie????

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

And I suppose this never happened to the Cuyahoga River.

I remember the signs on the Lake Erie shore warning folks to NOT get into the water. And that smell...

No, you're right, Lake Erie was pristine as spring water, always has been.

"For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    That is a bit of a overgeneralization there. Unfortunately the church is made up of fallen people, and what goes on outside the church, happens inside too. One group is supposed to know when they screw up though.
    I doubt the catholic church has this much pull though. They may have that many members but they won't vote for who the pope tells them to vote for.IMHPO (p=presbyterian)
    It is pretty scary though that the government is stepping this far into personal decisions. I think Liberty in this country is slipping away unless...RP 2012
    shameless plug
    I agree it is an overgeneralization, but I still stand by what I said. Heck, some high church muckety muck from around Boston I believe just said that he regrets appologizing for what happened. So how is he supposed to be a leader of a group of people that look to him for guidance? What's that old saying? Something along the lines of "All Evil needs to suceed is for good men to do nothing."

Then there's the muslim extremists. Jeez, man talk about off your rocker!

Yes I do think that liberty in this country is slipping away. It's being taking away by power hungry people, and there's people being sheep just letting it go.
    Joe Dickerson

R.I.P. 4xGMPR HRCH Hunters Marsh Jack Daniels Bubba Jazz MH
    Call Name: JD