The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 70,000,000 Votes????

I think that it is simply an example of how a complex law like Obamacare, due to lack of diligence in crafting it, ends up endangering both freedom of speech and freedom of religion in one fell swoop.

It could set a dangerous precedent in allowing govt to make a law that interferes with freedom of religion. Not to mention compounding the threat by disallowing someone to speak out against the law's unconstitutionality.

If Obama gives an exemption, that doesn't change the law's unconstitutionality. I think the law has to be made consitutionally correct. For example, suppose a small business run by an RC owner did not wish to offer abortion as part of health care insurance, would they also be exempt from the law? What happens to them if each has to pursue an individual exemption?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Smart like a fox!

How better to get the woman vote that to let you rebublicans remind them that you want to tell her what she can do with her body

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    Smart like a fox!

How better to get the woman vote that to let you rebublicans remind them that you want to tell her what she can do with her body

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    Smart like a fox!

I don't even know what this means.

I'm assuming it's snide and misogynistic, and an aggressive attempt at wit, with an obligatory smiley to indicate something obscure?

If you'd care to actually explain it, I'm too tired to keep working and it's too early to go to bed.

Curiosity killed the cat. May bring the dog trainer to hari-kari. But what the hell.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH