The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Minimum Wage

Default Minimum Wage

So R-Money weighs in on the minimum wage saying it should be indexed to inflation - How many young folks is that keeping from learning necessary job skills?

& Yes Franco, I agree with RP that there should not be a minimum wage .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    So R-Money weighs in on the minimum wage saying it should be indexed to inflation - How many young folks is that keeping from learning necessary job skills?

& Yes Franco, I agree with RP that there should not be a minimum wage .
    Marv, I can't express to you how delighted I am that you are beginning to see the light As you may know, your state supports RP above all the other candidates.

Wages should never be determined artificially by a big wasteful government run by politicians pandering to the lowest common denominator.

In a free society, wages are determined by worth.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

[QUOTE=Franco;920205]Marv, I can't express to you how delighted I am that you are beginning to see the light As you may know, your state supports RP above all the other candidates.

Wages should never be determined artificially by a big wasteful government run by politicians pandering to the lowest common denominator.

In a free society, wages are determined by worth.[/QUOTE
    ]

I can't agree with this more!! Great way of putting it.
    Last edited by Jim Danis; 02-09-2012 at 08:33 AM.
    "Blastem Daddy!" My Son's advice to me as a big ole Tom turkey came strutting within range. My son was 6 at the time.

Weller's Tell It To The Judge MH (Justice)
    Weller's Running With The Wind MH (Chase)
    JD's In It Again MH (Trouble) 5/1/2009 - 1/3/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Marv, I can't express to you how delighted I am that you are beginning to see the light As you may know, your state supports RP above all the other candidates.

In a free society, wages are determined by worth.
    You are on drugs or know nothing of this state. Ron Paul would not win here and "we" don't really get a vote anyway. This state will vote for Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Marv, I can't express to you how delighted I am that you are beginning to see the light
    Franco - FYI - I was who I am long before you were born or R-Pinochio was out of training diapers. I'd really like to believe myself capable of comprehending most of what I read, which is a lot, & logical enough that I can figure things out for myself. Government at all levels is more intrusive than necessary & has been for all my life, which has been a lot longer than your idol. R-Pinochio would not make a decent pimple on Goldwater's behind .

Your guy is a crotchety old person who didn't make an issue of some inflammatory newsletter, believes he is some kind of royalty, espouses things that will not happen in our lifetimes & sits back saying "I told you so" while accomplishing absolutely nothing. If he were true to his beliefs he would have ran as an L, but could not resist the money he could make as an R .
    Last edited by Marvin S; 02-08-2012 at 03:21 PM. Reason: missed a key

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Anyone who has taken a basic economics course and understands supply and demand can see that setting a false floor to labor prices is idiotic. But like most things political, it's just another tool to allow politicians to purchase votes.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Nobody listened to Milton Friedman's thoughts on minimum wage ... but now some are reconsidering his views.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Was it Uncle Miltie that said Minimum Wage actually keeps wages down?

I know that hiring folks and using Minimum Wage helps give the employer more leverage when hiring.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

He had a chapter in "Free To Choose" devoted to minimum wage discussion. I remember having a light-bulb moment when I read it.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.