The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Tax Credit for Illegal Residents?

Default Tax Credit for Illegal Residents?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...al-immigrants/

The Treasury Department says that in the 2010 filing year more than $4 billion in child credit payments went to 2.3 million people who [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]filed [COLOR=blue !important]tax [COLOR=blue !important]returns[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] but didn't have Social Security numbers proving they were citizens or legal workers. That's a four-fold increase over five years earlier.

Hispanics point out that in many instances the tax credit goes to workers who aren't citizens but whose children are -- because they've been born in the country and therefore can have Social Security numbers of their own. They say such children should reap the benefit of the tax credit just like other children in comparable economic circumstances.

One option under consideration is to require tax filers to supply a Social Security number for the child when claiming the tax credit instead of requiring that at least one of the parents possess one.
    That would respond to criticism that the GOP proposal is unfair to the citizen children of illegal immigrants.

"We're not in favor of fraudulent payments or payments that shouldn't be made, but we don't want to create obstacles to supporting low-income families who are trying to care for their children," said Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill. "Even though the parent doesn't have a Social Security number, they could still be entitled under their tax return, for a child tax credit."

Congress needs to find about $160 billion between now and the end of the month to cover the costs of extending through Dec. 31 a Social Security tax cut averaging about $20 a week for 160 million workers, federal unemployment benefits for the long-term jobless and unreduced Medicare fees for doctors. All are now due to expire Feb. 29.
    [/COLOR]

So, what do you all think? Should an illegal resident, who may pay no Fed Income Tax at all, get a check from the IRS?

WRT the argument about the children who are citizens, I believe that those children, when in low income families like this, are already getting a ton of assistance benefits through the year ... like food stamps, Medicaid, etc. So, do we need another "bonus" on top of that, which may, or may not, be used to directly benefit those children?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

"We're not in favor of fraudulent payments or payments that shouldn't be made, but we don't want to create obstacles to supporting low-income families who are trying to care for their children," said Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill. "Even though the parent doesn't have a Social Security number, they could still be entitled under their tax return, for a child tax credit."

Red highlighted to show their goal of having everyone become "entitled".
    Just Win

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post

Red highlighted to show their goal of having everyone become "entitled".
    Mr. Little, I don't think you understand.

See, when the secular progressives get more than half on the teat, then they will become the rulling class.
    See, if you don't vote for me....I'll take the teat away.

See what I'm saying???

RK
    Stan b & Elvis