The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Times change Kodak

Default Times change Kodak

Wow, Kodak has stopped making cameras. As the newsman said "The Kodak moment is over." Kind of sad.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Damn, now I won't be able to get that Kodak Brownie camera I've always wanted.

When it comes to photgraphy, I'll still take a print from 35mm or 2.25mm film over digital!
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Yes it is sad. Kodachrome 64 had the truest colors. I used a ton of it before I swapped to Fujichrome cause that's what editors liked. But I have to say my life is a whole lot easier now that I've gone digital.
    Don't bother to just be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.
    William Faulkner

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Mills View Post
    Yes it is sad. Kodachrome 64 had the truest colors. I used a ton of it before I swapped to Fujichrome cause that's what editors liked. But I have to say my life is a whole lot easier now that I've gone digital.
    I use to love shooting Echtacrome slides on my warhorse Nikon Sport.

Life is easier in the digital age. More important than the film brand in the quality of a photo is the capacity of the lens. Lens built for digital cameras are as good as SLR(single lens reflect) lens.

Paul Simon's "Kodacrome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZpaNJqF4po
    Last edited by Franco; 02-09-2012 at 07:33 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Mills View Post
    Really? Just seems to have complicated mine. I don't particularly like the post production stuff and it's a rare digital image that can stand up without it. I would MUCH rather be in the field shooting than in the office dealing with sharpening, spotting, color correcting, etc. When I shot velvia, the lab knew what the original looked like. Now it's anybody's guess. I have yet to get a print from a digital image that is as good as the best I got from velvia.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Ignorance is bliss - I leave the tinkering to the photo editors, I just cull out the obvious bad ones and let them pick out and play with the ones they want.
    I had to send velvia to Phoenix for processing (we live in the country) and it took FOREVER. Sometimes two to three weeks or more. It made meeting deadlines a bear. Not to mention the cash outlay for film and mailers. Yep, my life is easier.
    On the other hand, my spouse, who was an extremely talented and skilled nature/wildlife photographer, bought digital cameras but despised working on the computer so he quit. It is a shame. Besides the waste of talent it was a nice little second source of income for him.
    Don't bother to just be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.
    William Faulkner