The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Will Iran Be Attacked?

Default Will Iran Be Attacked?

Good thought provoking article on paulcraigroberts.org. Paul worked for Reagan way back in the 80's.

You left out 9-11 Truther and famed anti-semite out of his bio.

The only "thought provoking" thing about that blog piece was how a former author/editor could pen something so disjointed and all over the map. My 7th grader writes papers that are more cogent. Dude needs ritilin.

ps...here's the article link:
    http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Will Iran Be Attacked?
    To answer the thread title, NO, not until after the Madonna concert!!
    http://www.haaretz.com/culture/arts-...-show-1.412014

Just sayin'........

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 02-10-2012 at 09:42 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

If Israel does go after Iran's nuke facilites, the question becomes; will the USA replentish the materials spent by Israel. It would take years for them to convert aircraft from U.S. Phantoms to French Mirages.

Isrealis know they can't depend on USA for support or materials. That won't stop them if they do decide to go it alone. Afterall, it is their fight and they are more than capable of taking care of themselves.

My concern is that with all the men and materials we have in that region is that we would be drawn into that conflict if it escalates beyond Iran and Israel. With all the changes in that area of the world, it has never been more volitile than it is now.

For the USA to get involved in direct warfare would be a mistake. Our military personel is spent and we can't afford another TRILLION plus is cost. War with Iran could last for years! I doubt the American people would allow a military draft to fight yet another war in the middle east.

The USA would be much better served getting the rest of our troops out of A'stan, Iraq and not getting involved in another war that can't be won.
    Also, consider that as divided as Iran is today politically, a war with them would unite them behind the Mullahs. Better to buy time and support those opposed to the Mullahs.
    Last edited by Franco; 02-10-2012 at 10:54 AM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    If Israel does go after Iran's nuke facilites, the question becomes; will the USA replentish the materials spent by Israel. It would take years for them to convert aircraft from U.S. Phantoms to French Mirages.

Isrealis know they can't depend on USA for support or materials. That won't stop them if they do decide to go it alone. Afterall, it is their fight and they are more than capable of taking care of themselves.

My concern is that with all the men and materials we have in that region is that we would be drawn into that conflict if it escalates beyond Iran and Israel. With all the changes in that area of the world, it has never been more volital than it is now.

For the USA to get involved in direct warfare would be a mistake. Our military personel is spent and we can't afford another TRILLION plus is cost. War with Iran could last for years! I doubt the American people would allow a military draft to fight yet another war in the middle east.

The USA would be much better served getting the rest of our troops out of A'stan, Iraq and not getting involved in another war that can't be won.
    Also, consider that as divided as Iran is today politically, a war with them would unite them behind the Mullahs. Better to buy time and support those opposed to the Mullahs.
    Should Israel sit tight until a nuke hits them?

Is that our business?
    Or, do you think we can tell Israel what to do about thier national security and let Iran do what it wants?
    Interesting philosophy.
    I hope your right, because if you are wrong, a lot of innocent people are going to get killed.

Do you think Ahmejenadad (sp?) is a liar?
    Because he has said more than once he wants to eradicate Israel & Jews from the earth.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Should Israel sit tight until a nuke hits them?

Is that our business?
    Or, do you think we can tell Israel what to do about thier national security and let Iran do what it wants?
    Interesting philosophy.
    I hope your right, because if you are wrong, a lot of innocent people are going to get killed.

Do you think Ahmejenadad (sp?) is a liar?
    Because he has said more than once he wants to eradicate Israel & Jews from the earth.

RK
    Yes, Ahmedinnerjacket is a liar. However, he is on the way out and has become much less influential. The Mullahs know he lost the last election and if they want to appease the populace they will have to make a change.

Israeli will do whatever it needs to do to protect themselves. They are not fools and they know the dangers. They also know that the UN's intervention 40 years ago is why things have become as bad as they are. We should have let that sitution run its natural coarse back then and let Israel pacify the region.

The US going to war against Iran is a no win situation for us. Never underestimate the courage and intelligence of the Israel defense Forces. They are as good as anyone in that region and very capable as well as well-armed.

Looking beyond an Isreal and Iran, what about the other radicalize Muslim countries getting involved. The only thing that might prevent them from doing so it the fact that the Iranians are Persian and not Arab. Then, would Pakistan stay out? What about Turkey? Putin is on the way out in Russia so that does help the situation some.

Fox Business did a great piece on this last night while Fox News was caught up in the contraception debate. If I can find Bolton's take on the situation from last night I'll post it.
    Last edited by Franco; 02-10-2012 at 11:09 AM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Yes, Ahmedinnerjacket is a liar. However, he is on the way out and has become much less influential. The Mullahs know he lost the last election and if they want to appease the populace they will have to make a change.

Israeli will do whatever it needs to do to protect themselves. They are not fools and they know the dangers. They also know that the UN's intervention 40 years ago is why things have become as bad as they are. We should have let that sitution run its natural coarse back then and let Israel pacify the region.

The US going to war against Iran is a no win situation for us. Never underestimate the courage and intelligence of the Israel defense Forces. They are as good as anyone in that region and very capable as well as well-armed.

Looking beyond an Isreal and Iran, what about the other radicalize Muslim countries getting involved. The only thing that might prevet them from doing so it the fact that the Iranians are Persian and not Arab. Then, would Pakistan stay out? What about Turkey? Putin is on the way out in Russia so that does help the situation some.
    My opinion (and we know I know nothing) is to let Israel take care of it's business.
    They will get it done right.
    Swift, clean and final.

And support them the best we can.
    (not with troops, nor do I think they need any)

To continue to appease Iran is fatal.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    My opinion (and we know I know nothing) is to let Israel take care of it's business.
    They will get it done right.
    Swift, clean and final.

And support them the best we can.
    (not with troops, nor do I think they need any)

To continue to appease Iran is fatal.

RK
    I agree 100%. Isreal, thought they are good a poor-mouthing have all the moeny they need. They money they receive from private donation from around the world is staggering. I just hope we don't lose Isreal's business when it comes to buying military hardware

If I can find Bolton's take on the situation from last night I'll post it.
    Please do -

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Please do -

From last night;
    http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/13783...n-on-ron-paul/