The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (AR) Land for lease in Arkansas

Good green timber is in the hands of people that aren't gonna let it go very easily. Most duck guides have the lock on the best leases. You can get on the waiting list behind 30 other groups, outbid them a whole bunch or just suck it up and buy the landowner out. Either way is gonna cost a whole bunch. Timber that was leasing for 15K ten years ago is going for 28-35K now. Another thing about timber is that you will probally have a down year that you cannot flood so the land can rest that you will be expected to pay for if you want to keep the lease for the following season.

There are some spots in NE Arkansas, I know of a timber spot that was going to be up for lease, but not to any guides. It's in a hot spot also, and there are no down years, they put boards in and flood it, if it don't rain full they pump it full. You will have water. Most years except this past year, you will have 6+ limits in 30 minutes day in and day out.
    There are some fields in SE ark for lease and most are under 8k, there are a few for 3500 for a field with pit and water. They are pretty good spots, not stellar limits a day spots but if you hunt it a few days a week or give it some rest it is good.

Wow Kinda pricey down there!

I used to hunt on some decent ground down near Greenwood MS I remember we were drinking with some local lawyers and talking about the prices of timber holes. The old lawyer looked at me and said "son the most expensive land in MS is good duck holes and high rises, then he said how many high rises have you seen in MS?????
    Chad
    LUCK - WHEN PREPARATION MEETS REALITY!
    NAFC FC Cody Cut A Lean Grade "Grady" NAFC Paddle Creek's Pack Your Grip "Traveler"
    www.paddlecreekretrievers.com

Well, not that far from Searcy, AR is RTF'er Gwen Jones in Hernando, MS. May turn up something pretty good?
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie

The Arkansas Hunting Forum has a site dedicated to leases and clubs. I tried posting a link, but I can't do that until I've posted five times. This is my first post, so all I can do is tell you that their name is arkansashunting.net. If you google it you should be able to find it, then scroll down to the "Clubs and Leases" section.

good luck.

If you would like rice field in northeast Arkansas or southeast Missouri I can get you a lease.
    Thanks

I own a WRP piece of land in the SE Corner of Arkansas. Literally on the Oklahoma border. Big place, lots of blinds, food, etc.

The SE corner?