The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: shooting laptop computer

I read every post in this thread. What I noticed is a lot of second guessing and I would never do that or he is sooooo wrong to parent his child like that. Not one person on this thread is in his shoes and has no idea what else his charming little girl has done to force this issue to this point.

It is real easy to arm chair quarterback this situation.

Personally, I like the guys response and am completely on his side (12 gauge would have been better). Little miss out of control was embarrassed in front of her friends, can not talk smack to her friends about how she did anything, and is once again grounded for life.

My children do not have cell phones until they can afford to buy them and pay their own bills. Do not have computers, video games or TV's in their bedrooms (bedroom are for sleeping at that age) and are not allowed to hibernate on the web. Go outside and play (imagination is a wonderful thing). If you say you are board, I have plenty of work that needs doing.

Am I controlling, yes I am and I am proud of it. Do my kids say yes sir, yes maam, no thank you and all the other polite things, they do or they get strong. Big believer in push ups.

There are a lot of folks who will say a lot about this type of child raising, I don't care. To much freedom and not enough strict discipline in the house leads to this thread.

My opinion

Richard
    Last edited by Down East Labs 217; 02-18-2012 at 04:26 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post
    I read every post in this thread. What I noticed is a lot of second guessing and I would never do that or he is sooooo wrong to parent his child like that. Not one person on this thread is in his shoes and has no idea what else his charming little girl has done to force this issue to this point.

It is real easy to arm chair quarterback this situation.

Personally, I like the guys response and am completely on his side (12 gauge would have been better). Little miss out of control was embarrassed in front of her friends, can not talk smack to her friends about how she did anything, and is once again grounded for life.

My children do not have cell phones until they can afford to buy them and pay their own bills. Do not have computers, video games or TV's in their bedrooms (bedroom are for sleeping at that age) and are not allowed to hibernate on the web. Go outside and play (imagination is a wonderful thing). If you say you are board, I have plenty of work that needs doing.

Am I controlling, yes I am and I am proud of it. Do my kids say yes sir, yes maam, no thank you and all the other polite things, they do or they get strong. Big believer in push ups.

There are a lot of folks who will say a lot about this type of child raising, I don't care. To much freedom and not enough strict discipline in the house leads to this thread.

My opinion

Richard
    Good post, Richard. Love the talks that I have with my older Sis. Was talking to her about one of our kid's "counselor". In his 50s and the "lady" thinks he was an abused child ( he doesn't feel that way ). His teacher in the second grade thought he was spoiled. Some difference of opinion ! Sis said she didn't ever think we abused him. Bet son has not told that lady everything he did either.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~