The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: shooting laptop computer

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    I figured it was a made for U-tube video that was supposed to be funny. Was it a real situation ?

It's real. It was in NC. A bunch of people complained to the police but were promptly informed that it happened in the county not the city no laws were broken. Had he lived within city limits he would have been in trouble for discharging a firearm within city limits.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    It's real. It was in NC. A bunch of people complained to the police but were promptly informed that it happened in the county not the city no laws were broken. Had he lived within city limits he would have been in trouble for discharging a firearm within city limits.

Well then, that excuses stupid...right?

...and yeah, Becky, by my instructions from the DA on domestic violence when I sat on GJ last year...TRUE.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Well...as I have explained before there is no way that I can get videos to work and there is no way for me to watch. Just got to see a very short part of it on T.V. and I was not really watching the boob tube just caught it a few seconds into the clip. I did send it to family and friends but later learned that most had already seen it. I did think it was funny with the part that I saw. I have felt some of those frustrating moments while bring up the kids. And I said to myself this guy has used it to make a funny video.
    Last edited by charly_t; 02-15-2012 at 09:43 PM.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Well then, that excuses stupid...right?

...and yeah, Becky, by my instructions from the DA on domestic violence when I sat on GJ last year...TRUE.

JD
    I don't understand the reference to the DA's instructions while on GJ.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I don't understand the reference to the DA's instructions while on GJ.
    Per the DA's instruction on debating a true bill of indictment on a charge of domestic violence...discharging a firearm in the home or on the property could be considered in forwarding the charge to the district court, and did with few exceptions.

Have you sat on a GJ? Have you made arguements contrary to the consensus of the other members?

What took place in that video would lead most GJ members to foward a charge of assault to the DC.

Simple assualt is very easy to establish.

He implied a threat of violence, then carried it out.

True bill. Now it's up to the DC to decide.

JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 02-15-2012 at 11:31 PM. Reason: to many considerations...
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

This guy is an idiot.
    Irresponsible use of a firearm and poor parenting.

What is the take away lesson for the kid??
    Do what I say or I will destroy your belongings??

Some may think this is cute, but it is wrong on several levels.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Per the DA's instruction on debating a true bill of indictment on a charge of domestic violence...discharging a firearm in the home or on the property could be considered in forwarding the charge to the district court, and did with few exceptions.

Have you sat on a GJ? Have you made arguements contrary to the consensus of the other members?

What took place in that video would lead most GJ members to foward a charge of assault to the DC.

JD
    I did not see him imply a threat of violence, he took his property away from his kid and shot it(nothing implied he did it). I have shot at TV's, old cars etc for target practice no threat of violence when i did it. He never threatened his kid with harm, just his property. He simply was an idiot and filmed it. The kid was beyond wrong and maybe deserved some punishment long before this happened.

And yes JD I am jst giving you a hard time, what he did was stupid, but then again what the kid did was outright blatant disrespect and stupid as well. Stupid is as stupid does I guess. This is a lose lose for him and his kid in the end. Relationships between kids and parents often become strained, and usually it never gets fixed. One day they will both regret what they did.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

JD

This is what is wrong with our country. People thinking they know what is best for others. I have been on the GJ I have been foreman of the GJ and I do not agree with any thing you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackwacker View Post
    This is what is wrong with our country. People thinking they know what is best for others. I have been on the GJ I have been foreman of the GJ and I do not agree with any thing you said.
    OK...................

I wasn't trying to imply he should be true billed, not at all. My time on the grand jury just made me realize how quickly things get out of hand and get violent. What I was trying to say is the man's temper scares me. He just seems like a ticking time bomb to me.
    Don't bother to just be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.
    William Faulkner