The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: shooting laptop computer

With an example of behavior like that, it is easy to see why the daughter acted that way. Like father like s...daughter. He should have thought a few more seconds before he did that. That computer could have been donated to a charity and the daughter could have worked off the time for the computer at a soup kitchen or doing yardwork. THere could have been a positive way to punish, instead he chose the way that would look cool to his friends. My dad always told us he never punished when he was angry, this guy should have waited til he calmed down. Either way its his kid and he didn't do anything against the law and at least he cares about how his daughter grows up and respects elders. THats alot more than many parents in the US

I think the guy is completely right for doing what he did. It seems like he has taken incremental steps to get him where he currently is with his daughter and this was the last straw. Being a parent is hard! If it was my kid I would have probably done the same thing followed by a long list of chores and losing of privileges. I believe those have a bigger effect on the kid then any kind of spanking or anything of that nature.
    Rocky's Last Chambered Shell-"Ruger"

To me it looked like it was all about him proving what a man he is and humiliating his daughter in front of all her friends. My guess is he just drove a bigger wedge in between himself and his daughter.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    To me it looked like it was all about him proving what a man he is and humiliating his daughter in front of all her friends. My guess is he just drove a bigger wedge in between himself and his daughter.
    Which they both will deeply regret, when it's too late!

JMO

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

Obviously most of the people stating that this guy is an idiot are not raising teenage kids right now. The guy is fed up with his daughter's actions and probably needed to make a point that would get across to his daughter. I have a 13 yr old daughter and the facebook crap is a pain in the rear. You can monitor them all you want but they find ways to get around you. You can disable their acct and they creat another acct when at their friends house or using a friend's phone. Grounding them all of the time only goes so far. If you are not raising kids right now you have no clue how difficult it is with facebook and texting. You all can sit on your high horse or your lazy boy and assume all you want about this guy but I bet he is a damn good father who fed up and is trying to keep some kind of control over his teenage daughter. Who gives a rats rear about sitting on a Grand Jury. What a bunch of PC crap. Don't even get me started on the texting issues. You people have no clue!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I think you really don't have a glue how difficult it is trying to raise kids in this day and age! You can not be their friend. My dad either took me to his room and gave me the belt or just kick my butt where we were standing depending on my age. Try doing that now! No one condones child abuse and that is not what I am talking about. I never got anything I did not deserve and probably got away with a few things and did get caught. I feared my father and when he told me to stop doing something I listened to him. I love my father and we have a great relationship to this day. It is a very different world we live in.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    Obviously most of the people stating that this guy is an idiot are not raising teenage kids right now. The guy is fed up with his daughter's actions and probably needed to make a point that would get across to his daughter. I have a 13 yr old daughter and the facebook crap is a pain in the rear. You can monitor them all you want but they find ways to get around you. You can disable their acct and they creat another acct when at their friends house or using a friend's phone. Grounding them all of the time only goes so far. If you are not raising kids right now you have no clue how difficult it is with facebook and texting. You all can sit on your high horse or your lazy boy and assume all you want about this guy but I bet he is a damn good father who fed up and is trying to keep some kind of control over his teenage daughter. Who gives a rats rear about sitting on a Grand Jury. What a bunch of PC crap. Don't even get me started on the texting issues. You people have no clue!
    Sounds like you are the consumate expert on parenting.

If you think completely losing control of rational behavior and dischargeing a firearm into a computer is good parenting, YOU have no clue!!!

stan b
    Last edited by road kill; 02-16-2012 at 04:40 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    I think you really don't have a glue how difficult it is trying to raise kids in this day and age!
    My 13 year old daughter might agree with you.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Sounds like you are the consumate expert on parenting.

If you think completely losing control of rational behavior and dischargeing a firearm into a computer is good parenting, YOU have no clue!!!

stan b

At least he took it outside before he shot it! I tend to think everyone is getting a little too worked up about this. He did hit what he was aiming at.

Duck's not all wrong about teenager's these days either. My 20 year old boy had to be forcibly removed from electronic devices more than once when he was younger. I can't do it any more because he is too damn big...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    At least he took it outside before he shot it! I tend to think everyone is getting a little too worked up about this. He did hit what he was aiming at.

Duck's not all wrong about teenager's these days either. My 20 year old boy had to be forcibly removed from electronic devices more than once when he was younger. I can't do it any more because he is too damn big...
    Did you shoot the device??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis