The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52

Thread: shooting laptop computer

  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Per the DA's instruction on debating a true bill of indictment on a charge of domestic violence...discharging a firearm in the home or on the property could be considered in forwarding the charge to the district court, and did with few exceptions.

    Have you sat on a GJ? Have you made arguements contrary to the consensus of the other members?

    What took place in that video would lead most GJ members to foward a charge of assault to the DC.

    Simple assualt is very easy to establish.

    He implied a threat of violence, then carried it out.

    True bill. Now it's up to the DC to decide.

    JD
    I say we need gun control and target control . Every one should have to register his target. This violence on targets must stop now.

  2. #42
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    I once told my husband in private that he had embarrassed one of our kids in front of the kids friends. He very nicely explained to me that if they were doing that ( I don't remember what they were doing ) they deserved to get embarrassed. In other words "behave themselves" or get embarrassed. I have probably told this before but here goes. I had made a trip to the lady's room in a certain store. A young woman in her late 20s or maybe early 30s was leaning against a wall watching her 5 year old throw a fit. She said "I don't dare correct him in this store." A cousin's daughter was followed to that same lady's room when she took her fit throwing daughter in there to hopefully get the kid to stop. The lady who followed her made it clear that the child would not be touched by her mother or she would call in about child abuse. How can you raise decent kids with people making sure that they can run wild or you can go to jail.
    I have a friend who lived in DC when his daughter was young. He was having trouble with her acting up in church. His dad (grandpa) told him she needed a spanking. My friend said not in DC!! Grandpa told my friend to take the child to the elevator and down to the basement. Spank in elevator, calm down in basement, threaten on way back up. My friend said it took two trips to basement, but child learned that misbehavior would not be tolerated. Kid will probably take the stairs for the rest of her life and be healthier for it.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  3. #43
    Senior Member duckheads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Sounds like you are the consumate expert on parenting.

    If you think completely losing control of rational behavior and dischargeing a firearm into a computer is good parenting, YOU have no clue!!!


    stan b
    I'm not an expert on anything. Anyone that has been on here for any length of time know who the experts are! I'm just a parent struggling to raise my children the best I can. One who is dealing with a 13 yr old daughter and another one right behind her at 11. One who has to deal with facebook and all that comes with it. One who has to deal with cell phones and all that goes along with them. My parents never had to worry about cyber bullying or sexting. I guess since he had already grounded her from her computer he should have said "I know you are upset with mommy and daddy but you should not say things like that on facebook. Now if you promise to never do that again daddy will take you down to Dairy Queen and buy you an ice cream cone"!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

  4. #44
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    I'm not an expert on anything. Anyone that has been on here for any length of time know who the experts are! I'm just a parent struggling to raise my children the best I can. One who is dealing with a 13 yr old daughter and another one right behind her at 11. One who has to deal with facebook and all that comes with it. One who has to deal with cell phones and all that goes along with them. My parents never had to worry about cyber bullying or sexting. I guess since he had already grounded her from her computer he should have said "I know you are upset with mommy and daddy but you should not say things like that on facebook. Now if you promise to never do that again daddy will take you down to Dairy Queen and buy you an ice cream cone"!
    No, you are right, dischargeing a firearm into a computer is the way to go.
    That pretty much solves everything.

    Why, I'll bet that kid went to a friends house and immediately posted something very positive about her Daddy!!
    I'm guessing her RESPECT for this man just skyrocketed.
    And some day she will look back and realize this was the turning point in her life and her relationship with her Dad!!!!!!!

    I'm with you, what was I thinking??


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  5. #45
    Senior Member duckheads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    662

    Default

    should have loaded into a winger and used a twelve gauge. Dang I could do that with the cell phone!

    Time out regards,
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

  6. #46
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    should have loaded into a winger and used a twelve gauge. Dang I could do that with the cell phone!

    Time out regards,
    OK, now you're talking!


    (3" magnum #5's???)

    RK
    Last edited by road kill; 02-17-2012 at 02:10 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

  7. #47
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    should have loaded into a winger and used a twelve gauge. Dang I could do that with the cell phone!

    Time out regards,
    OK, I have to admit it. I was really disappointed he didn't use a shotgun.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  8. #48
    Senior Member Jason Glavich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    woodbridge,VA
    Posts
    1,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    OK, I have to admit it. I was really disappointed he didn't use a shotgun.
    It was probably a good thing, might have had a richocet. It would not have proved his point with a BB stuck in is leg. Also would have been harder to hold the camera and shoot the 12g.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

    ~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,248

    Default

    My son laughed and said the guy could have impressed people more if he had used a shotgun.

    I have watched people "parent" over the years and the people who have the best results are the ones who have one daughter ( and no other child ). The parents both need to be very involved in that child's life but give that child some responsibilities along the way. They should let that child make a few mistakes and learn from them but protect that child. It is a high wire act with
    no nets.
    charly

    There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

  10. #50
    Senior Member Nor_Cal_Angler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Ca
    Posts
    661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    No, you are right, dischargeing a firearm into a computer is the way to go.
    That pretty much solves everything.

    Why, I'll bet that kid went to a friends house and immediately posted something very positive about her Daddy!!
    I'm guessing her RESPECT for this man just skyrocketed.
    And some day she will look back and realize this was the turning point in her life and her relationship with her Dad!!!!!!!

    I'm with you, what was I thinking??


    RK

    I'll bet that child didn't go to a friends house and post something nice.....

    I'll bet just like I said before...he is a man of his word, I 'll bet she is GROUNDED again and didn't go anywhere!!!!

    like I said...LESSON: Integrity

    Jake

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •