The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Fox News moving left?

Default Fox News moving left?

Anyone notice lately?

You mean beyond 'airhead Bechel'...Juan Williams..."light-in-the-loafers" Allen Combs? There's usually a liberal position on with Brett Baier's panel, some of which are stictly there for meeting the FCC's "fairness" mandates. OR, just a form of a PMA on Ailes part, although there is scuttlebutt he may be leaving after he pens his memoirs.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Lately the left side of fair and balanced is the EXTREME LEFT WACKOS!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    You mean beyond 'airhead Bechel'...Juan Williams..."light-in-the-loafers" Allen Combs? There's usually a liberal position on with Brett Baier's panel, some of which are stictly there for meeting the FCC's "fairness" mandates. OR, just a form of a PMA on Ailes part, although there is scuttlebutt he may be leaving after he pens his memoirs.

UB
    Good to hear from you, UB. Got to go now. Got company coming in the door.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post

UB
    Didn't know the FCC had any fairness mandates, I believed that had been eliminated in the late 80's.
    Last edited by mngundog; 02-18-2012 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Didn't know the FCC had any fairness mandates, I believed that had been eliminated in the late 80's.
    Correct, there is no such thing.

Actually, I thought Fox News was moving even more to the extreme right. But then again, I rarely watch it. Much prefer Fox Buisness Channel and Bloomberg TV.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Maybe they went so far right they started bumping into the extreme far lefties?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Maybe they went so far right they started bumping into the extreme far lefties?
    I like this. The far lefts and far rights are so far out there they have to crash together sometime.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Might have been an incorrect choice of words...rather than 'mandate', which implies a regulation, I should have used 'perception'.

Fox news only has those token leftys around so the perception is they aren't totally on the right. How else can they use their 'fair and balanced' slogan? Why else would they have such stalwart liberals as Heraldo, and Chris Wallace and the never ending crowd of black women that are constantly falling on the sword for the Regime.

The only programming change the removal of the 'fairness doctrine' has brought about is the 'requirement' for broadcast management to seek out an opposite opinion for any programs or views that aired advocating a singular position.

You can imagine what it would do to a station's listenership if it had to air 3 hours of Alex Baldwin to offset the Hannity program. While Hannity has his negatives, he still has a formidable audience; Last I heard, Baldwin was still looking for a listener to call in.

All that said, don't think stations that air mostly right leaning programs and editorials, aren't looking for liberal programs that they can be seen as trying to program "in the publics interest", so as to protect their license by having material from both sides to point out to the FCC when renewal time rolls around. This is especially true with a Democrat regime running the FCC. It may not be 'mandated', but it's assumed by the inspectors.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    Anyone notice lately?
    You would have to get an in depth anal-ysis from Buzz as he seems to be the only one on this forum who quotes what they do regularly. As for myself, we have a local channel that tries to compete with the MSM stations here, with on air talent that makes them the Wal Mart of hiring practices, no beautiful people . I only watch the locals news on occasion, but it is the NFL station on Sunday .

I've never felt any station, MSM or otherwise, did a good job of articulating the conservative point of view as most do not have the sound background necessary to present that view in a logical manner.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!