RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

g3 sport combo vs dogtra 1900ncp

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  sleeperls 
#1 ·
I've been searching for a e collar for my pup.

The tri tronics g3 sports combo vs the dogtra 1900ncp

This is what i can afford. I have delt with tri tronics before as i did returns for a pet company. We didnt have many problems with them, but i I have no experience with dogtra.

The big plus for the tri tronics is it can be used on more than one dog. I am leaning towards the TT.
Thank you.

#6 · (Edited)
Had one of the first sport combo G3's and it lasted about 18 months with 1 dog before the level dial was worn out and would not stay in one place. They replaced the transmitter out of warranty. That transmitter lasted about 13-14 months (got a 2nd dog) before it developed the same problem and would not transmit all the time but just some of the time. Got fed up with it one day and chucked it in the pond and ordered a Dogtra 3500. Suddenly my dog started listening to me and training became a whole lot easier. The Tritronics "tube" style transmitters seem to be better made but I have seen a few that developed problems with the level selector dial.

#8 ·
I have had the Sport Combo G3 for 4 yrs or so without a hitch. I've heard a lot about the dial issues but haven't experienced any deteriation with mine at all. Good collar for the money.

All that said, if I were to do it over again I would look at the collar clinic or the classifieds here for a TT Pro 500 G2 or G3. If you're patient you can find good used units for only $50 or so more than the Sport Combo sometimes. The cylinder type transmitters are easier to use in the field in my opinion.

#13 ·
Well, you know what they say about opinions...;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.