RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Need your prayers.....

5K views 62 replies 57 participants last post by  PlushHunter 
#1 ·
My dad just suffered a stroke. He was a very healthy 79 yr old that could walk talk and chew bubble gum at the same time.

The ambulance just left so I am headed to the hospital.

Please pray for a full recovery.

Thanks
WRL

#32 ·
Prayers and positive thoughts for your dad and your family-God Bless.

#36 ·
Hang in there. Prayers for you and your Dad from Missouri. My Mom had a stroke a few years back. He needs you to be his advocate now. Sending healing thoughts to you all.

#37 ·
Prayers from Pa, Lee ....stay strong

#38 ·
Thanks guys I appreciate it.

Well, I'm home. My dad is doing much better. When my mom called me this morning and I went down to their house, my dad's speech could hardly be understood and he had ZERO feeling on his left side. Nadda....couldn't tell when I was holding his hand or rubbing his leg. So now after a transfer from one hospital to another one, he is doing much better. His speech is much clearer (not normal but much better) and he can move his left shoulder (the hand is still not usable yet) and can wiggle his toes and he lifted his leg about 6 inches off the bed. Oh yeah, and he argued with me that he could not grip my hand with his left hand and he said he wanted an Arby's RB sandwich with horsey sauce......lol He's still a little "out of it" but much better. They were going to do an MRI, but can't because of an implant he had to fix a hernia and they could not give him the anti coagulant stuff because when he fell, he banged his head pretty good which he still can't feel at all. So.....observe for the night and go from there.

Will see what tomorrow brings.

WRL

#40 ·
Good luck!!! I hope you have an Arbys close by.

#51 ·
Thanks everyone for the good wishes.

The news today is not good. The progress made yesterday has back-slid to basically where he was right after the stroke happened.

He also seems to have a little less cognitive skills today. He did hit his head when he fell so its possible he has/had a concussion.

Time will tell. Looks like they will keep him in the hospital until Thursday at a minimum.

Wish the news was better.

WRL

#49 ·
Sending good thoughts for continued improvement Lee!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.