The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Video Camera Sunglasses

Default Video Camera Sunglasses

I'm sure some of you have had experiences with some of the video sunglasses. I am thinking about getting pair. What can you tell me...good, bad? Can you post some videos you have shot with them?

Thanks

I have some and they are pretty neat. I've used them to video dogs during training and I've shot some video with them while shooting hogs from a helicopter. However during that deal we learned that they don't look down the barrel as we had hoped so it turned out sort of off center.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad B View Post
    I have some and they are pretty neat. I've used them to video dogs during training and I've shot some video with them while shooting hogs from a helicopter. However during that deal we learned that they don't look down the barrel as we had hoped so it turned out sort of off center.
    Would you mind posting some video or you can PM me? What glasses do you have?

Depending on what type of video you're looking to do, you might want to look into the hat lid camera by Rhino Outdoors. I haven't used it, but it does peak my interest.

http://rhinoutdoors.com/product-details.php?prodid=13

David

we had the sunglasses....careful if u plan to use them for waterfowl and temps are below freezing... battery life won't be enough and the plastic freezes and tends to break.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

I've used the sunglasses shorting ducks and geese. They work pretty well!!! Just remember to. It jerk your head around a lot. The go pros look pretty sweet though too.

the gopro is awesome. It can be mounted anywhere. The outdoor version comes with a headstrap that stays on pretty good. A couple people make mounts the go on you dog too. Awesome picture too with lots of options, especially on the hero2. I just got one and I have played with my buddies hero1. I highly recommend it

Quote Originally Posted by toddn84 View Post
    the gopro is awesome. It can be mounted anywhere. The outdoor version comes with a headstrap that stays on pretty good. A couple people make mounts the go on you dog too. Awesome picture too with lots of options, especially on the hero2. I just got one and I have played with my buddies hero1. I highly recommend it
    I'm using a GoPro Hero2 on a daily basis to evaluate Sinner's training progress with Variable Surface Tracking. I wear the camera on my forehead using a head mount. Here is a link to one of our recent tracks to give you a sense of perspective from the camera.

http://youtu.be/11sVz9j68o0
    Jeff Telander
    Durham, NC

FC AFC CT Broad Reach Devil Made Me Doit CD "Sinner"

Forever in my heart
    OTCh Broad Reach Diesel TD MH UDX2***
    CH Broad Reach Gripper UD MH
    OTCh R Labs Darth Wader TD JH
    OTCh Teracroft Topaz TD JH

You can put a gopro on a dog cant you? How does it mount?

The I kam Extreme is what I got just for fun videos to send to clients.The interface for MAC is sort of a pain,but so are most of the cheaper products out there that are designed for PCs which is understandable from a market prospective.