RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Video Camera Sunglasses

11K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  Jay Dufour 
#1 ·
I'm sure some of you have had experiences with some of the video sunglasses. I am thinking about getting pair. What can you tell me...good, bad? Can you post some videos you have shot with them?

Thanks

#5 ·
we had the sunglasses....careful if u plan to use them for waterfowl and temps are below freezing... battery life won't be enough and the plastic freezes and tends to break.

#7 ·
the gopro is awesome. It can be mounted anywhere. The outdoor version comes with a headstrap that stays on pretty good. A couple people make mounts the go on you dog too. Awesome picture too with lots of options, especially on the hero2. I just got one and I have played with my buddies hero1. I highly recommend it

#8 ·
I'm using a GoPro Hero2 on a daily basis to evaluate Sinner's training progress with Variable Surface Tracking. I wear the camera on my forehead using a head mount. Here is a link to one of our recent tracks to give you a sense of perspective from the camera.

http://youtu.be/11sVz9j68o0

#12 ·
I bought my son the I kam sunglasses, used for upland hunt and the quality was good. You need to keep your head up as some of the video gets cut off if you are looking down to your dog or watching you step. We had on flush that was interesting and I could go back and watch it in reply. I missed and waffled the pheasent, thought it was coming down so I held off on my second shot. the dam thing got wings again and flow off. All on video. I will post the vid if possible. ................

Well that did not work. PM with email and I will send it to you.

#14 ·
Overall I've like mine. As Jay mentioned, you have to adjust if you want to see your dog in certain spots. I used mine while shooting hogs out of a helo and got good footage but it's all up in one corner of the screen because of how I was sighting on my rifle. Next time I'll do better. And to watch marks they aren't too great because all you see is a black speck on the horizon. Good for drills and close in stuff though.

#15 ·
Thanks guys,

I ended up buy some of the iKam Xtreme glasses from Roger's. They ran a sell on them and for the price I couldn't pass. I have used them a couple of times and for the $ have been pleased. I knew what I was getting when I bought them...I wasn't expecting Hollywood quality HD video for $90.

#17 ·
I had the same problem--It is usually one of 2 things.
1---If you have an additional memory card installed, you need to copy the small file that is on the root directory of the glasses to the memory card.
2---Make sure you have not exceeded the memory of the glasses. It is a little over 3 gig. It gets used up fast.

#20 ·
Jay
You can re-create that file yourself. Hook sunglasses up to you computer, open I-Kam program, click on "Set I-Kam Device Time". It will then tell you to disconnect the glasses, take a short video with them and check the time and date. That should do it.

#22 ·
I bought the IKAM glasses, won't do that again. Aside from aiming problems and an extremely sensitive mic, on a cool day they can break really easy, and a single minute of accidently looking in the direction of the sun can damage the camera to the point the picture is not that great. Here is an example after the sun damage..

http://youtu.be/B0F7VRC09c8

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.