The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Video Camera Sunglasses

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Dufour View Post
    The I kam Extreme is what I got just for fun videos to send to clients.The interface for MAC is sort of a pain,but so are most of the cheaper products out there that are designed for PCs which is understandable from a market prospective.
    Jay---I totally agree. The I Kam Extreme is a great tool for the price. I'm sure there are better ones out there--just a lot more expensive.
    Danny H.

I bought my son the I kam sunglasses, used for upland hunt and the quality was good. You need to keep your head up as some of the video gets cut off if you are looking down to your dog or watching you step. We had on flush that was interesting and I could go back and watch it in reply. I missed and waffled the pheasent, thought it was coming down so I held off on my second shot. the dam thing got wings again and flow off. All on video. I will post the vid if possible. ................

Well that did not work. PM with email and I will send it to you.
    Joe B.

Northern Colorado

HRCH Bella's Devine Independence SH "Indy"
    Lakota Ridge Sage JH "Sage"
    SHR APR KB's Lakota Ridge Delaney JH "Del"
    RIP 2014 Lakotaridge Heartsome Tanner SH "Tanner"
    RIP 2012 Oryan of Cork "Orion"

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."
    "Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment."

Here is my first attempt this AM it was sort of cloudy and yes you must look towards the tail of the dog at heel to get him.The download to utube was very easy this time.All in all purdy happy with them.http://youtu.be/byMZJu2ooSU

Overall I've like mine. As Jay mentioned, you have to adjust if you want to see your dog in certain spots. I used mine while shooting hogs out of a helo and got good footage but it's all up in one corner of the screen because of how I was sighting on my rifle. Next time I'll do better. And to watch marks they aren't too great because all you see is a black speck on the horizon. Good for drills and close in stuff though.

Thanks guys,

I ended up buy some of the iKam Xtreme glasses from Roger's. They ran a sell on them and for the price I couldn't pass. I have used them a couple of times and for the $ have been pleased. I knew what I was getting when I bought them...I wasn't expecting Hollywood quality HD video for $90.

Welp...first time out training they only took one second of video at a time.......

Welp...first time out training they only took one second of video at a time.......
    I had the same problem--It is usually one of 2 things.
    1---If you have an additional memory card installed, you need to copy the small file that is on the root directory of the glasses to the memory card.
    2---Make sure you have not exceeded the memory of the glasses. It is a little over 3 gig. It gets used up fast.
    Danny H.

Jay
    The other possibility is you erased that file that is supposed to stay on it.
    Danny H.

Prolly did....Gonna call them tomorrow.I ordered a rigged out Go Pro in the meantime.

Prolly did....Gonna call them tomorrow.I ordered a rigged out Go Pro in the meantime.
    Jay
    You can re-create that file yourself. Hook sunglasses up to you computer, open I-Kam program, click on "Set I-Kam Device Time". It will then tell you to disconnect the glasses, take a short video with them and check the time and date. That should do it.
    Danny H.