The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Golden Retrievers in Field Trials 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Chute View Post
    Great Thread!! Tony..Please start a Canadian Golden Retriever Field Trial Results Thread..that would be a really great thing!
    I agree. I'd like to see two threads going... one for Canada, one for the US so my old cluttered mind can keep them straight.

Got black dogs now in trials, but am always thinking of Goldens and wishing them well.

Still have our 13 year old Pardner grandson Flyway's October Pardner MH, QAA, who earned all age pts. in all breed trials before an injury to his spine caused his early retirement at age 5. His spine surgery was right after he ran in the 2004 GRCA specialty and got a placement in the Open and in the Amateur -- we didn't know he was in pain until Sunday night. Unfortunately, the surgery on his spine was not successful.

Now Opie is partially deaf, he has cloudy eyes, and he groans and moans when he gets up, but throw him a duck and he comes to life! This last weekend he was at a hunt test with us. He snatched a duck off a bird rack and pranced around showing it off. Several tosses and he sprinted for it like a kid. He will always be our heart-dog.

Helen

Hey Helen--I remember Opie--he sure was and still is a nice boy. I remember how we were all hoping the surgery would go well and he'd be able to continue running. Glad he got a duck to play with last weekend. He still has that big heart full of desire!
    Suzanne B

Good to hear an update on "Opie" You seem to have a good eye for a great retriever, Helen..and Don, too, of course.

Could you post a picture of him?
    Choctaw's Piscataquis Sebec UD MH CGC WCX ***(All-Breed AM 2nd)
    UCDX HR SR Sand Dancer's XX MTB Ranger UDT, MH, WCX **
    HR SR Scarlett's Andi O'Malley CD SH OA NAJ CGC (OAJ-2 Placements) 9/16/1995-3/31/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    .... Anyone want to guess who Redd Man's breeder is?

WHO??

Lots of hugs to "Amy" for producing such beautiful, talented puppies...that are causing such a .."Ruckus"... ...at the Burr household and beyond!!
    Choctaw's Piscataquis Sebec UD MH CGC WCX ***(All-Breed AM 2nd)
    UCDX HR SR Sand Dancer's XX MTB Ranger UDT, MH, WCX **
    HR SR Scarlett's Andi O'Malley CD SH OA NAJ CGC (OAJ-2 Placements) 9/16/1995-3/31/2011

Thanks for getting the info together, Gerry! Great to see the Goldens doing so well in field trials!

Hey Judy: I do love those Red X Amy pups. Sure are cute and smart and fast--and definitely RED. BTW, the "causing a Ruckus" phrase is pretty darn clever....wish I'd thought of something clever like that.
    Suzanne B

Well Its not for 2012 But Shurmark's Great and Powerful (OZ) was the #1 junior Golden in Canada 2011 and # 5 Canadian Junior dog also he had a derby jam at 15 months in his first American trial last spring.
    I think Tony would be great at keeping records and looking forward to seeing his dogs again this year.

Dave Beacock
    Shurmark Goldens

ps still have 1 male pup same breeding as OZ left.

All:

Have to chime in. Love my Woody baby. Smart, biddable and an excelleant marker, not to mention a cuddle bunny.

Mary Beth

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mbcorsini View Post
    All:

Have to chime in. Love my Woody baby. Smart, biddable and an excelleant marker, not to mention a cuddle bunny.

Mary Beth
    Hey Mary Beth,
    So does the Dad of one of Luke's brothers. He just sent a picture of "Remi" with the eight pheasants Remi just flushed! He's a big handsome guy too.

MB: pictures please!!!
    Paula

Highland Wish Upon a Star MH, WCX *** (Star) 3/13/00 to 12/2/11
    Lt. Farm Green Mountain Gold MH, WCX *** (Sage) 12/15/02
    Firemark Gunsmoke's Lawman (Dillon) 4/9/12