The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Poor Franco gdg

Quote Originally Posted by cakaiser View Post
    9. A summary prepared following a Saints preseason game included the statement, "1 Cart-off - Crank up the John Deer (sic) Tractor" in reference to a hit on an opposing player. Similar statements are reflected in prepared documents or slides in connection with other games in multiple seasons. A review of the game films confirms that opposing players were injured on the plays identified in the documents.

10. When interviewed in 2012, Sean Payton claimed to be entirely unaware of the program, a claim contradicted by others. Further, prior to the Saints' opening game in 2011, Coach Payton received an email from a close associate that stated in part, "PS Greg Williams put me down for $5000 on Rogers (sic)." When shown the email during the course of the investigation, Coach Payton stated that it referred to a "bounty" on Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

11. In early 2010, Mr. Loomis advised Coach Payton that the league office was investigating allegations concerning a bounty program. Coach Payton said that he met with his top two defensive assistants, Coach Williams and Coach Vitt, in advance of the interview with league investigators and told them, "Let's make sure our ducks are in a row." Remarkably, Coach Payton claimed that he never inquired of Coach Williams and Coach Vitt as to what happened in the interviews, never asked them if a "pay-for-performance" or bounty program was in fact in place, and never gave any instructions to discontinue such a program.

12. In January 2012, prior to the Saints' first playoff game of the 2011 season, Coach Payton was advised by Mr. Loomis that the league office had reopened the investigation. Coach Payton made a cursory inquiry but took no action to ensure that any bounty program was discontinued.

13. General Manager Mickey Loomis was not present at meetings of the Saints defense at which bounties were discussed and was not aware of bounties being placed on specific players. Mr. Loomis became aware of the allegations regarding a bounty program no later than February 2010 when he was notified of the investigation into the allegations during a meeting with NFL Executive Vice President-Football Operations Ray Anderson. He was directed to ensure that any such program ceased immediately. By his own admission, Mr. Loomis did not do enough to determine if a pay-for-performance/bounty program existed or to end any such program that did exist.

14. Saints owner Tom Benson notified Mr. Loomis in January 2012 prior to the team's participation in the playoffs that the league's investigation had been reopened. Mr. Benson reiterated his position that a bounty program was unacceptable and instructed Mr. Loomis to ensure that if a bounty program existed at the Saints it would stop immediately. By his own admission, Mr. Loomis responded to this direction by making only cursory inquiries of Coaches Payton and Williams. He never issued instructions to end the bounty program to either the coaching staff or the players.

15. There is no evidence that Saints ownership had any knowledge of the pay-for-performance or bounty program. There is no evidence that any club funds were used for the program. Ownership made clear that it disapproved of the program, gave prompt and clear direction that it stop, and gave full and immediate cooperation to league investigators.
    if all this is true, i'm thinking they got off too easy.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by troy schwab View Post
    I dont care who you are...... that there is funny!!
    Yes, it is
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    The same can be said for my thoughts towards you.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Yea, but Mr MVP choked in the playoffs
    When the reciever can not catch the ball that is right in there hands how is that a MVP fault? BTW If you did not notice there were 2 outside stadium team in superbowl again . The aints need to put bounty out to show thier real talent under a roof.

I forget now what was the score of the Pack and the aints last season?

Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    When the reciever can not catch the ball that is right in there hands how is that a MVP fault? BTW If you did not notice there were 2 outside stadium team in superbowl again . The aints need to put bounty out to show thier real talent under a roof.

I forget now what was the score of the Pack and the aints last season?
    Packers won by 6 last season and the time before that the Saints won by 24 points over the Packers.

I did congratulate Rodgers here on RTF for winning the MVP though I felt then and still feel that Brees had the better season!
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

I'm not saying what the Saints did was right. Just that the penalties were too harsh escpially since other teams have had the same practice.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2012/03...-media-reports

Teams like; Eagles, Bears, Titans, Ravens, Bills, Redskins and even the Packers were investigated in 2007.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?confir...th-video---SAY
    $500.00 for holding Adrian Peterson under 100 yrds vs $10,000.00 if someone specific is "carted" off......seriously Franco.....can you tell the difference between an ice cube and a turd in a punch bowl?

I love football......hard nosed, competitive, high speed, well executed football. Injuries are going to happen.......intentionally trying to end a career is ridiculous and trying to justify this in ANY fashion falls in the same category.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Well, looks like Forbes has a better grasp of the situation than ESPN, the NFL Network and most of the posters here on RTF

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmi...ause-of-money/
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Well, looks like Forbes has a better grasp of the situation than ESPN, the NFL Network and most of the posters here on RTF

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmi...ause-of-money/
    Good read Franco.......some good points and some I'm not so sure about.

What do you think......

1)How pervasive is this level of "bounty" league wide? I certainly don't know at this point.....it will be interesting.

2)"IF" Payton's penalty is administered in full (and I don't believe that's a given) and "IF" the Saints do win it all (let's face it...they have a great team and 'WILL' be playing with a chip on their shoulder)....what does Benson do with Payton??? Bring him back or go with the new guy and save money?

3) And last......it appears to me that Goodell has really painted himself into a corner regarding the involved players. In his extreme effort to portray the league as a 'player safety' advocate.....what penalties are coming for those players involved?
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    Good read Franco.......some good points and some I'm not so sure about.

What do you think......

1)How pervasive is this level of "bounty" league wide? I certainly don't know at this point.....it will be interesting.

2)"IF" Payton's penalty is administered in full (and I don't believe that's a given) and "IF" the Saints do win it all (let's face it...they have a great team and 'WILL' be playing with a chip on their shoulder)....what does Benson do with Payton??? Bring him back or go with the new guy and save money?

3) And last......it appears to me that Goodell has really painted himself into a corner regarding the involved players. In his extreme effort to portray the league as a 'player safety' advocate.....what penalties are coming for those players involved?
    OK, now that the "FUN" of bashing the Saints is over, Mr Goodel has stepped in it.

I have been in my current industry for 25+ years.
    My industry is all about details.
    (printing)
    If I see a project and notice something is NOT right, I FLAG it so to speak.
    Don't you as well?

Then explain to me how professional referees who have been watching the "details" of the game and who are charged with upholding the integrity of the game can MISS all these hits and calls??

1 FLAG early changes this bounty approach for that game.
    If they find out they(players & coaches) can get away with it, they will.
    Much like kids and dogs.

No, I say what's done is done.
    Fix it going forward.
    Seriously, implement a policy of suspension and forfeiture of pay for the player "suspected" of illegal hits of this nature.
    Personally, anything below the thighs (at knees) or led with a helmut should be a suspension and forfeiture for coaches and players.
    Watch how fast that cleans it up!!!!

These are grown men, not HS kids or College kids.
    Professional players, and they know right from wrong in their profession.

JMO

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

Let me see if I have this straight. The NFL fines the Saints $500,000 but saves the team the salaries of Peyton ($7.5M), the GM and the Assistant Coach. That has to be a savings to the Saints of $10M this year.

Secondly, why wouldn't Goodell leave their salaries intact and fine the pi$$ out of them?

Third, does Goodell really have the power to suspend a coaches pay? Obviously he does, but how can he control how an owner spends his money outside of players salaries?

Fourth, how is Goodell going to fairly handle players involved who have gone to other teams? Fines I guess. Suspensions don't seem to be fair since the new team had nothing to do with the infraction.

To me the whole thing reeks of NCAA sanctions akin to SMU. Too many are negatively effective who had nothing to do with the violation.

As someone has already said, these are grown men. Fine their asses for past digressions and go on.

It would be interesting to know what Goodell's bosses (the Owners) have to say to him in private about his actions.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth