The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor Franco gdg

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    The same can be said for my thoughts towards you.
    Struck a nerve eh? Do the crime, pay the time. Try to ruin someones career by hurting them while standing on the sidelines?? He's lucky he only got one year.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Lots of jealousy out there!
    Be accountable, don't lie, don't cheat, be responsible, honor, work hard, "golden rule"......all words we conservatives like to throw around alot, but, when it comes to football.......screw it.......just win. Sean Payton knew full well what was doing as evidenced by the trail of e-mails. When you have outsiders paying thousands into the "bounty kitty", you've taken it to a whole new level. Payton knew it and lied when questioned by the league to cover it up. This is as much about lying as the 'bounty' program.....but I guess that's OK too as long as you win.....Right? Had Brees suffered a career ending injury due to a "bounty" program by Minnesota.....I guess you'd of tipped your cap and said "Nice job"........or maybe not.
    Last edited by dback; 03-21-2012 at 07:13 PM.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    Be accountable, don't lie, don't cheat, be responsible, honor, work hard, "golden rule"......all words we conservatives like to throw around alot, but, when it comes to football.......screw it.......just win. Sean Payton knew full well what was doing as evidenced by the trail of e-mails. When you have outsiders paying thousands into the "bounty kitty", you've taken it to a whole new level. Payton knew it and lied when questioned by the league to cover it up. This is as much about lying as the 'bounty' program.....but I guess that's OK too as long as you win.....Right? Had Brees suffered a career ending injury due to a "bounty" program by Minnesota.....I guess you'd of tipped your cap and said "Nice job"........or maybe not.
    Where is the corpse? Yes, the program was at fault but lets not for one moment think that this is a unique situtaion. Saints got caught, will pay a severe price and move on. Loomis didn't officially end the practice but then again it wasn't anything that had been going on the last two seasons! Remember, the snitch, Jeremy Shockey, wasn't around last season and is sour for being cut. Fans of teams that have a difficult time beating the Saints are rejoicing. Go read some of the comments on ESPN.com

Best therapy is to keep on winning and promise not to play too rough. Again, where is the corpse? 40 year old Brett Farve with his on-field drama? One game where maybe the D was too aggressive, please! Other than that the Saints are one of the least penalized teams in the NFL with, "illegal hits".

Last edited by Franco; 03-21-2012 at 08:03 PM.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

where is the corpse...check out the class action lawsuit started by the Duerson family and recently joined by Jim McMahon...if anything Goodell can show that the NFL is proactive in addressing the situation....the Saints are guilty of not stopping the practice , the old lack of institutional control....by letting it go on for multiple years, they basically thumbed their noses at the league..my.02
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Playing tough is fine, but this went over the edge. IMO, Payton and management got off easily. Will be interesting to see what penalties the involved defensive players pay. No big fan of Favre, but what happened was criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    where is the corpse...check out the class action lawsuit started by the Duerson family and recently joined by Jim McMahon...if anything Goodell can show that the NFL is proactive in addressing the situation....the Saints are guilty of not stopping the practice , the old lack of institutional control....by letting it go on for multiple years, they basically thumbed their noses at the league..my.02
    Bon I second that, It looks Like the good old boys club is over in the NFL the Saints got caught!! I FEEL BAD for the fans and the state of Louisiana. But, they still have the best QB in the NFL for now ??
    Dave Hare
    CFC-CAFC Maralan's C.E.O.
    Horsetooth's Otto Know 2012 National Derby List
    Berkshire's Bad Medicine Doc
    R.I P-Hard Labs Fast Lane Phred-SH
    R.I.P-Catalina's Curve Ball
    R.I.P-Klondike's Chocolate Charger-MH 4 Time Ducks Unlimited Retriever of the year MN.
    www.berkshireretrievers.com

"Where is the corpse?" I guess that will be the new defense for charges in countless phases of society.

The league can't very well attempt to defend itself in lawsuits that it failed to protect players against 'unnecessary' long term injury while turning a blind eye to "bounty" programs involving thousands of dollars. Teams from HS to the NFL have had reward systems of some sort for ever......ranging from a helmet 'sticker' in HS to a few hundred dollars in the NFL, however, when your ten thousand dollar 'illegal hit' fine is covered by 'bounty' money...now we're talking an elevated level...the NFL would have no defense in a court of law should they fail to act. It speaks volumes about Louisiana that Goodell and Shockey would be vilified while your coaches who "fabricated" explanations are left unscathed. I may be naive in this matter (never played in the NFL) but while I'm sure most teams had some sort of performance system......I'd be surprised (and disappointed) to find that each included outside involvement and this level of financial reward.

I'm guessin' you and Payton had the same father that failed to ever use the age old line "Now tell me the truth son.....it'll go much harder on ya if ya lie to me."

Bet one thing.......those 'bounty' deals went away today bout noon
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

the only thing I hate about Roger Goodell is that he talked his wife Jane Skinner into leaving her day job at Fox News....I loved drinking coffee and eating breakfast with her on many a morning,now I have to wake up earlier and have my coffee with Martha Macallum, the best looking soccer mom on the airwaves, which tides me over till lunch with my gal Megyn Kelly
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by DaveHare View Post
    Bon I second that, It looks Like the good old boys club is over in the NFL the Saints got caught!! I FEEL BAD for the fans and the state of Louisiana. But, they still have the best QB in the NFL for now ??
    Dave Hare
    uhhhhhhh.....second best, maybe.

MVP?
    Oh, yeah #12

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 03-22-2012 at 05:15 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    uhhhhhhh.....second best, maybe.

MVP?
    Oh, yeah #12

RK

Yea, but Mr MVP choked in the playoffs
    Last edited by Franco; 03-22-2012 at 06:44 AM.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.