The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Duck Dynasty --disgrace to the waterfowl tradition

Not too bad...a little over-scripted/contrived, though. Dang, Phil done got old.

Willie's wife is indeed hot...the other gentleman's dubious claims about all the hotties residing in WI aside. Really...when someone says "hot women" who doesn't immediately think of WI.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

i don't watch any of the hunting shows on TV, anymore. there is no connection between what i do afield and what i see televised, except for the killing of the animal(s).

these shows are not about sportsmanship, woodsmanship, or respect for the animal. and those are the 3 most important things to me when i hunt. i really don't like what i'm seeing from the latest generation of hunters.

guess i'm getting old....-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    i don't watch any of the hunting shows on TV, anymore. there is no connection between what i do afield and what i see televised, except for the killing of the animal(s).

these shows are not about sportsmanship, woodsmanship, or respect for the animal. and those are the 3 most important things to me when i hunt. i really don't like what i'm seeing from the latest generation of hunters.

What he said X2
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

only hunting shows I watch better have Tiffany Lakosky in them!!

That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel J Simoens View Post
    only hunting shows I watch better have Tiffany Lakosky in them!!

X2 MEOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post

I'd hit the "Like" button if I could on your post Paul. I'm Generation X and feel the exact way.

The wife and I watched it and both liked it. The message I got from it was family, good values and god. I can watch a show like that, in fact its one of the few shows I can let my kids watch and not feel guilty about.

If I wanted to watch 90 minutes of nothing but duck killing I would buy a Foiles DVD off ebay
    God, Family, Country & LSU Football.

I watched the first 30 minute episode (I think there were 2, so some of you saw twice as much as I did) and I thought it was really entertaining.

I don't blow their calls or buy their videos, but that was entertaining TV to me. It is NOT a hunting show, it is a show about a family business on A&E. I laughed out loud several times. Phil's advice to his grandson about finding a woman who can cook was hilarious.

I saw Phil at a wild game dinner here in Georgia a month or so ago. I like the guy. I think I would enjoy hunting with him except I'd have to smear that black crap all over my face and hands rather than just wearing my headnet I guess.

I'll stay out of the hot/not hot conversation, but one look at Willie and his bride and you know he outpunted his coverage.
    ---------------------------------------------
    HRCH "Boomer" MH
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

"When you go to a test or a trial, your dog should be underwhelmed." ~ Evan Graham

"It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

"You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Fryer View Post
    The wife and I watched it and both liked it. The message I got from it was family, good values and god. I can watch a show like that, in fact its one of the few shows I can let my kids watch and not feel guilty about.

If I wanted to watch 90 minutes of nothing but duck killing I would buy a Foiles DVD off ebay
    My feelings exactly, show isn't about just duck hunting. It's about family values

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Not too bad...a little over-scripted/contrived, though. Dang, Phil done got old.

Willie's wife is indeed hot...the other gentleman's dubious claims about all the hotties residing in WI aside. Really...when someone says "hot women" who doesn't immediately think of WI.
    Yep except for RK's red head makes me think of blue cheese breath and hairy underarms in WI.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon