The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GSA's $820 million Conference

Default GSA's $820 million Conference

Surprised no one is commenting on this.

Can we only imagine how many other govt agencies are wasting money like this?

And then they were dumb enough to make a video joking about the cost of it all!

Wonder if the people responsible will still get to collect their Fed pensions?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

all I can say is they didnt waste that money at my place of business...somebody's head needs to be served on a platter, way too much of that on the taxpayers dime
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

What does the GSA really do?
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

820,000 for the conference. Their budget is barely over 12 million I think. But it has went up a lot. It was at 3 million a few years ago.

Look up the GSA rap video it talks about blowing money and jokes about the lavish party in the directors suite.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

I think this story just broke day before yesterday. There could be more to come about this wastefulness. One report I heard on TV yesterday said that the director who planned this expensive fiasco is either out on paid leave while it is being investigated or he got reassigned. Not sure. I caught only part of the TV coverage on this story as I was cooking in the kitchen and heard only bits and pieces. But enough to make my blood boil.

Aren't you glad Obama told us not to go to Las Vegas?

Helen

They paid $4 each for shrimp.

I am with aray11, what does the GSA really do? If they only have a budget of $12M and they are part of the government, they can't do much. But I will say they learned how to whistle tax payer dollars with the best of them.

Speaking of the $4 shrimp. John Stewart had a pretty funny bit about that on his show last night. Flipping through the channels I caught it and was laughing pretty hard. He had Bill O'rielly in on it and I thought it was pretty good.

Last post should have said waste tax payers dollars. Damn auto correct is messing me up. Lol

I believe the GSA is in charge of transportation and travel for Federal workers or something of that nature.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    I believe the GSA is in charge of transportation and travel for Federal workers or something of that nature.
    Several years back my next door neighbor, an employee of the Forest service, was using a government truck to haul wood to his home. I took a picture, gave GSA the license, & it stopped. Unfortunately he was not terminated as he would have been in the real world .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!