RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Is there a hotter dog/handler?

8K views 30 replies 22 participants last post by  BonMallari 
#1 ·
Just curious. Is there a hotter dog/handler team than Lynn Dubose and Jerry Lee? Since the beginning of March they have finished six of ten all age stakes with 3 wins. Are there any others putting up these kind of results so far?

#2 ·
no offense to Mrs Dubose and Jerry Lee, but if we are talking Snoop Dog "drop it like its hotttt" then that would be _________ ,

#4 ·
Worthless without pictures! :p

#7 ·
Sorry. Couldn't help it. :D

#10 · (Edited)
Just curious. Is there a hotter dog/handler team than Lynn Dubose and Jerry Lee? Since the beginning of March they have finished six of ten all age stakes with 3 wins. Are there any others putting up these kind of results so far?

Dan Hurst has finished all 6 stakes in which has handled FC AFC Robber's Stray Bullet. Two 1st's, a 3rd, two jams, and a finish.

I'd say that's pretty hot.

#11 ·
Skin to win!

#12 ·
Not a Field Trialer, but I'd say Stephen Durrence is pretty hot in the SRS and Hunt Test circuit.

#14 ·
Martha Blank and Lassie are amazing. Starting at this time last year, here are her results; 16 trials and only 3 weekend without finishing.

Open 1st Am 4th
no placements
Open 2nd
Am Jam
no placements
Am Jam
Open Jam
Am 2nd
Am Jam
Am 2nd
no placements
Am 2nd
Open Jam
Am 2nd
Am RJ
Open 1st
Am Jam
Open 1st

#18 ·
On that note, I thought Dan sold Bullet to Kippy? She had sent him off to either Rorem or Farmer but I've noticed Dan is running Bullet again. What's up with that? Did Dan buy back Bullet or was there a 90 day return policy or something? :D

Jeff
Kippy Swingle owns the dog. While I don't know the details of their arrangement, it would appear that she would like Dan to try to win a National Amateur with the dog, hence he gets to run him.

#20 ·
I love to watch Lynn DuBose & Jerry Lee--great teamwork!

Other owner/handlers I like to watch:
Sylvia McClure & Gracie
Martha Russell & Pogo
Chuck Schweikert & Yukon, Maggie, Louie
Dave Seivert & Thief, Rocky
Wendall Williams when **** was alive, and I'm sure he'll be back with his new youngster
Susie Ritch & Pride
Carl Ruffalo & George
Ken Robbins & Anna
Ken Neil & his dogs

There are many good teams out there!

It's fun to watch the teamwork.

#23 ·
Not sure of his complete trial record this year, but I recall that John Thomas has handled Cane to 2 open wins and an amateur 2nd in the last month or so. Plus John has really nice legs, so I think they definately qualify for the hot category!!

Kathryn

#27 · (Edited)
Cane has ran 6 Opens this year so far and placed in 4. He got a 3rd at Black Warrior which was a 103 dog Open. He has now won 3 of the last 4 Opens. John Thomas has won 3 Opens in a row handling Cane. He also got an Am 2nd the other week when he won the Open. LOL at Kathryn. I'm sure John will get a giggle out of the legs comment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.