RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

FC AFC Teddy's Ebonstar James

25K views 55 replies 31 participants last post by  SunnySkies 
#1 ·
I have spent the past week training with Steve Faith "Jamie's" owner. As many of you know Jamie was taken from Steve way too soon. There has not been a breeding to him in quite some time now.

Steve is currently training my dogs Cole and Cort and I could not be happier with what he has done! Over the past week I've heard countless stories of how amazing Jamie was and what a great producer he has proven to be. Not to mention the stories that have been shared on this forum about him. After hearing these stories, I could not help but be awestruck.

Steve has said that he is interested in letting some semen out to select homes. He did state that it does not have to be a FC female. Of course the breedings will still be very selective and home placement will be even more essential!

With that being said he asked if I thought there would be anyone interested in breeding to him now after all the time that had passed. Would any of y'all be interested in breeding to Jamie or interested in Jamie pups?

Email if interested DerekWBU04@yahoo.com

#2 ·
I would be interested in breeding to Jamie. I have said for a long time that I really want to have a Jamie pup.

I have one young bitch I would love to breed to him but she is maiden and would want a first litter out of the way before doing AI

#6 ·
Sent email, and PM.
I'm in!

#7 ·
I have a Jamie Grand daughter and after training her I think anyone who would not like a Jamie pup don't know dogs at all. He had his Fc Afc at 3 years old. Folks it don't get any better than that. My lowly grand daughter finished her senior and passed her first Master test at 18 months on the same day.
Clay

#10 ·
Jamie was a great dog but a large part of his greatness was the bond between he and Steve. When a "TEAM" comes to the line with talent on the dogs part and skills by the handler, it is a pleasure to watch. Those two were glued together at the hip and caused many a jealous groan from his competitors. I know, because I was one of them!~!

#17 ·
Your comments about getting a breeding litter out of the way before doing AI. I have a young chocolate with great pedigree. I found my way to AI with Barracuda Blue. First AI for her or I. I found a very good and experienced vet and followed the protocol in detail. She did gretya with a pregnancy and now a litter. Seven chocolate pu8ps from sire Cuda and famale's sire is Pirate. All went very welol and pups doing great.

#21 ·
The best belly laugh I've ever gotten at a hunt test was listenin to Steve tell stories about carrying Jaime to do "collections". LoL

#22 ·
Yep i talked to him, He said when they hit the tracks about a block or so away from the vet, Jamie would start Howling,,,, He new what was up! :)

#23 ·
I have a dog that is a grandson of Jamie and a Cropper daughter...

Can't say that I have any idea what traits he got from Jamie, but he's been a fantastic dog all around great drive, very good marker, eager to please, great in the house and a pleasure to work with. My dog did only have one ball though...

I'm not going to be in any position to breed a female for years... Whoever does breed him, let me know... I really don't need another dog, but I might have to make an exception if a pup was available.

#43 ·
PS All of my boys out of Jamie had both balls - since it was a grandson you can't officially blame that on Jamie. lol

#24 ·
check out the first dog in my signature line...damnest dog I have ever owned....he did everything with style..whether good or bad.......

#25 ·
I bred my Bubba bitch to Jamie twice in his HAY DAY! I was fortunate to watch him run, when he was on nothing was close and would have proven himself more if given the opportunity. Not only competing but being a proven SIRE. Been out of touch a lot of years Steve & Emily but think of you often. And to a person that thinks BLACK you were like a hero GOD BLESS ya JAMIE, Neil

#27 ·
He has not been tested. I know of 3 out of one litter who are clear, but they were the only three tested: Rough, Honor and Kirby.

#30 ·
As soon as My Sage goes into heat,(anytime) I will be breeding her to Jamie, Sage is clear of everything EIC, CNM, and PRA, I will be testing the litter, I have had the semen for awhile now,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.