The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Not Feeding Cheap Anymore

Default Not Feeding Cheap Anymore

After years of feeding cheap, I started using a food called Dr. Tim's Pursuit in late May when I saw it available in 44lb bags on a website called PetFlow. Free shipping and no tax, plus regular specials brings this food in cheaper than Eukanuba or Pro Plan.

I am a sucker for big bags and dove right in after chatting with some people plugged in to the business.

This food is the real deal. I have both dogs on 2.5 cups per day and they are glowing. Dark, hard stools and easy clean-up. No crapping during training either. Pro Plan is more expensive by the the pound and in feeding.

I resisted but now I see what others have said about going to a better brand.

I actually emailed several of the mushers that use the food, even the guy that won the Iditarod this year.

Does OPF make this food?
    Tom Dorroh

What type of specials do they run to get the price under PPP?
    VC TJ's Miss Filson MH, UTI

VC TJ's Highfalutin Hawkeye MH, UTI

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas D View Post
    Does OPF make this food?
    Yes Ohio Pet Food makes it. Slow cook production. The guy explained to me he tried 6 plants before he picked OPF because it was able to get the starch digestibility to where he wanted it.

Coveyrise64,

PetFlow gives $10 off the first order and then you get emails all the time for 10% to 30% off. Since I live in the east PPP goes for $1.40lb including tax. Eukanuba is up to about $1.60. Pursuit comes in at $1.25lb, no shipping and no tax. I am feeding about 25% less also, so that $1.25lb is more like $1lb. No corn gluten in this feed. It very high on meat.

I wish I could get some of the old timers to split a pallet with me but the deal on Pet Flow is good enough. I feel like calling them and asking for a better price on a 10 bag order, see what happens.

I am really impressed with the stuff. You have Shorthairs? Be an even better food for you, those animals chew through calories. There is another hotter feed at 35/25 but that isn't for big eastern Labs.
    Last edited by Black&Yellow; 08-05-2012 at 01:41 PM.