RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Field trial title definitions ?

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  captainjack 
#1 ·
Ok Here we go I know this has probably been asked alot so if this annoys any I'm sorry I used search and google and akc rule book but did not find out what I'm looking for. I'm just getting started in hunt test and know if I will ever do field trials but might be looking for a pup lout of ft lines and need to know what I'm looking at on pedigrees so here is what I know ( or think I know)
NFC = national field champion
AFC = amateur field champion
FC = field champion
QAA = qualified all age
derby ???
I'm sure I'm missing some. My question is how does a dog acquire these tittles. What is open all age and amateur all age and owner quals derbys etc and also on the ht side of things how do you qualify for master nationals and does that go on the pedigree as well. Just thought it would b helpful down the road to know what all the abbreviations mean when looking for a well bred pup instead of the backyard breeding my current dog is from lol.
Thank you for your time
Jeremy

#2 ·
QAA is not an official title, its more like a designation

and a Derby dog is one that has not reached the age of 2 at the start of the particular trial

#3 ·
#6 ·
Thanks that helped a little probably have to read it 20 times to comprehend it
I guess I didn't read far enough down. Alot for my littel brain to absorb. Also How can I get a paper copie of both ht and ft rule books I looked on akc's website but can't see where to order one

#10 ·
You have to have 6 Master passes(even if the dog is already MH) in the year prior to the Master National to qualify. The pup gets a MNH to go on the pedigree.

#11 ·
There is also NAFC National Amatuer Field Champion
And sometimes QAA is shown as *** after the dogs name
Derby List is dogs that got 10 points in Derbys
Master National Qualified is 6 Master passes in the 12 month period or Means they actally passed the Master Ntional
MNH usually means they have Passed the Master National twice or 3 times if it appears on an AKC title.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.