RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Best driving route Atlanta to Wichita?

832 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  nuts4ducksjw 
#1 · (Edited)
We may be driving from Atlanta to/through Wichita next month for a hunt test and a short vacation adventure. We can travel either through B'ham, Memphis, Little Rock, Tulsa, etc., or go through Chattanooga, Nashville, St. Louis and-so-on according to Google, Bing maps etc. Mileage appears about the same. I see toll roads leading into and out of Tulsa. I drove through Memphis a few times last Nov. and Dec. and gettting through it to I-40 wasn't too bad. It's been a few years since I have driven through St. Louis to head out I-70 towards KC, and getting through St. Louis was a real pain due to interstate construction & closings. Maybe this had improved?

Anyone got any advice on what's the better route considering getting through traffic in the larger cities, toll roads, speed limits, etc?

#4 ·
Thanks!!

The Memphis, Tulsa route would be my first choice but, if you're coming and going I'd do both routes. They are within 100 miles difference so it really doesn't matter.
Oklahoma toll roads require you to stop frequently and pay tolls so get yourself a roll of quarters before you get there.

You might take a detour to Macks in Stuttgart, Ar and a great little town.
Thanks! If we have time, detouring to Macks might be a good idea. I have not been there since the late 1980's.

#3 ·
The Memphis, Tulsa route would be my first choice but, if you're coming and going I'd do both routes. They are within 100 miles difference so it really doesn't matter.

Oklahoma toll roads require you to stop frequently and pay tolls so get yourself a roll of quarters before you get there.

You might take a detour to Macks in Stuttgart, Ar and a great little town.

#5 ·
I don't know about from Georgia I've never been that far east but I live near wichta ks and been to the west memphis area sevral times and that route on I40 and then the turnpike threw Tulsa . there is probly still construction on 412 in Tulsa but the detour is marked reply well then you'll take 412 w to I35 N on in to Wichita that's not a bad trip From forest city AR it's about 8hrs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.