RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Coolwater's Knockout Offspring

11K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  HuntClub 
#1 ·
Hello,
I was searching the site and found a thread about Punch's Offspring. I was just wondering if anyone has any updates on their pups. I have a Punch and a Cosmo daughter pup on the way and was just curious about any of his pups out there. Thanks.

#2 ·
Punch just turned 5 in Dec...what few times he has been bred would mean his pups are still VERY young...He has a very nice bloodline and his connections have the ways and means to fulfill his potential...Good luck to you on your upcoming pup

This post has been deleted
#3 ·
I know he is still young and doesn't have pups of age for much competition. I was just wondering about the progress at which his offspring are getting along as far as the puppy training and the advancements they are making. I did notice there is a few people breeding to him this year .

#4 ·
Punch is a nice dog. In his past two trials he has an AM win and this weekend 3rd in open and 3rd in AM. He is being bred more and there will be more Punch pups out there soon. You could call Alex at Coolwater Kennels and she will fill you in on Punch's pups. She keeps up with all she can.

Gene

#6 ·
jpl,
i had a punch female that is a very impressive young dog. she is now 19 months old and was one of four dogs selected (because of talent) for k9 scent detection studies at johns hopkins university. she is HOT! i think i know the breeding you are talking about and your chances of getting a competitive dog are good.

#7 ·
Thanks guys, I am excited about this pup. John, I was hoping to hear from you as I saw a post from last year that you had a Punch pup out of a dare to dream female. I wanted to send you a PM but didn't have enough posts. Was your pup out of Southwinds joint adventure?

#10 ·
I have a nice male from his first ever breeding. It was to my HRCH Carbon bitch (Diamond). He is pretty good size, about 75lbs. Runs very deliberately with style but not hair on fire. Very good in the water from day one. i really liked his water attitude as a pup. He got a 3rd in his first ever Derby and then 8th in the SRS pro division in Huntsville last Feb.
We have been running Q's the last 6 months with fair results. We have been entered in the southern Q's this last spring with big entries and some very good dog/handler teams as the competition. He seems to be an OK marker but not off the charts. His blind work is very good. For his age, i am very pleased. We did a repeat breeding with Punch and Diamond and most of those went to HT trainers with outstanding results. Many HRCH at 2 years old.
In 3 HRC Finished tests, he has been outstanding. We ran the HRC tests because there was no conflict with trials and they were very close to home.
I think MH is a no brainer with him but he shows competitive promise so I am leaving him in FT training for another several months. Keith Farmer at Tremblin Earth Kennels has him and you can see his photo on Keith's web site.
The dogs name is "Dirt".
MP

#11 ·
Thanks Mike, I am going to be running hunt test with this pup, I would like to try field trials but the trainers around me that I will be training with don't run them. I seen dirt in my web search for information on Punch pups. He is a great looking dog. Good luck with him in the future.

#12 ·
Punch pups

I have a 26 month old out of carbon(Mike Perry's breeding) and punch. Great dog. I have only run him In two derbies. The first he went out on the last bird of the last series and took a second in the other trial. Plan to run him in some qual's this summer.

#14 ·
I have one here in puppy head start training. PM me if you are interested I’ll give you some feed-back!

#18 ·
I have a 2 yr old Punch Puppy, he marks very well, handles great and has ALOT of drive. He is very smart and picks up really quick while training. I haven't run him in any trials or test yet, due to his drive level, I'm trying to let him calm down alittle more. He has a lot of talent, if someone is looking for a high energy, hard running, fun to run dog, then a Punch puppy is the way to go, and one things for sure, if we crash and burn in a trial or test, it will be at full throttle.

#19 ·
I have a 2yr old blm out of punch x cosmo daughter and he is great. I have no idea what i'm doing just following smartworks books , has no problem learning what i'm trying to teach him. Not vocal at all but does creep at the line, started just recently when i started using ducks/wingers instead of bb. He makes me wonder how he would be if he had someone who knew what he was doing training him.

#22 ·
I have a Punch pup who is great, just turned 2 has a couple master passes, jammed the only derby we ran after limited FT training in a really competitive field. Has great drive and above all wants nothing more than to please and do what ever he thinks you want him to do.

He's my first field dog and i feel extremely lucky to have ended up with him.

#23 ·
I want to be up front. I have a current Punch breeding on RTF, and this is one of the main reasons I breed to Punch, aside from his outstanding record.
I do need to clarify one thing that was misinformation on this thread. Punch will be 8 this coming December. He did not just turn 5. My trainer has a female from the same breeding of Punch x Diamond that Mike talked about. Ziva is a outstanding dog. In fact my trainer says if he is running a dog for money, it would be Ziva everytime. She is smart, very good marker, runs good blinds, and is very much a team player. Also I am familiar with "Trigger" another outstanding Punch puppy. Punch has mainly been breed to HT competitors and gundogs. Their is no doubt in my mind that Punch is one of the most talented dogs on the FT circuit today, and is a great sire. That will be proven as he breeds more and with a little time. This is one mans humble opinion.

#24 ·
I want to be up front. I have a current Punch breeding on RTF, and this is one of the main reasons I breed to Punch, aside from his outstanding record.
I do need to clarify one thing that was misinformation on this thread. Punch will be 8 this coming December. He did not just turn 5. My trainer has a female from the same breeding of Punch x Diamond that Mike talked about. Ziva is a outstanding dog. In fact my trainer says if he is running a dog for money, it would be Ziva everytime. She is smart, very good marker, runs good blinds, and is very much a team player. Also I am familiar with "Trigger" another outstanding Punch puppy. Punch has mainly been breed to HT competitors and gundogs. Their is no doubt in my mind that Punch is one of the most talented dogs on the FT circuit today, and is a great sire. That will be proven as he breeds more and with a little time. This is one mans humble opinion.
If you look at the date on my post it is marked as May 12 2012
..so the information was correct THEN

#27 ·
That's a Punch/Cosmo daughter puppy in my avatar, was 3 yo at the end of June. Derby list, won 2 quals, an Open 4th so far. Really nice dog, smart and consistent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.