The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is this???

Default What is this???

Dog threw this up today and can't for life of me figure it out. Me nor the wife have fed him anything but dog food in last week

image.jpg

Thought maybe leaves. But it's summer all the leaves are on the trees and are green. Thought maybe sweet potato skin but we haven't had sweet potatoes in 4 days and trash was taken out next day.

Yellow and red pepper skins??

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Do you have persimmons in your area? They are like dog crack and look like that when vomited. You will usually get a nice clump of seeds the next time you air as well if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
    Yellow and red pepper skins??

cant even remeber the last time we had peppers. maybe month ago when we had fajitas? but even then they were cut in strips not large chunks.

persimmons: i havent seen any but could very well be some in the field we trained in today. he stayed pretty close to me when we picked up everything.

Quote Originally Posted by blake_mhoona View Post

cant even remeber the last time we had peppers. maybe month ago when we had fajitas? but even then they were cut in strips not large chunks.

persimmons: i havent seen any but could very well be some in the field we trained in today. he stayed pretty close to me when we picked up everything.
    Yeah, then I got nothin!
    I friend said to be once what he thought a labs philosophy is, why not eat it now? I can always throw it up later!...

the wife is thinking its that sweet potato i threw away (over cooked) would it stay in his system for 4 days? is skin not digestable?

Quote Originally Posted by blake_mhoona View Post
    the wife is thinking its that sweet potato i threw away (over cooked) would it stay in his system for 4 days? is skin not digestable?
    I've never had sweet potatoes in the house, but regular russet potatoes never seemed to bother my dogs. It certainly could be skins from them. Indigestible things can bang around in there until they finally vomit them. I can believe 4 days.
    A coworkers dog (she claims) vomited a Dairy Queen spoon monthes after grabbed it swallowed it.

Looks like skins from potato, carrot, or apple all of which my dog has eaten and kept down with no problem. Maybe surfing through your trash or neighbors compost pile.

Quote Originally Posted by churncreek retrievers View Post
    Looks like skins from potato, carrot, or apple all of which my dog has eaten and kept down with no problem. Maybe surfing through your trash or neighbors compost pile.
    he's only outside when we take him so he hasn't got in their trash. and as far as our trash he's learned early on not go digging through it. i've only SEEN him do it once and it was when i was throwing away bacon package. i honestly cant remember eating carrots in the last year. not my cup of tea. apple well as you might guess by now we dont really eat that healthy. apple probably been at least 6 months.

i informed the wife to watch for seeds in his poop to see if it was persimmon. if it was then i need to go out to that field and find them persimmons. us southern guys still trust persimmon seeds to predict the winter weather rather than the weatherman. that and i should probably set up a trail cam to see what kind of deer are feasting on them as well. might have to go back and ask the farmer for hunting rights as well as training rights.

It looks like some type of fruit or vegetable skins. Maybe an apple? I don't think it is sweet potato.

Tom
    Tom Wall