Thread: Pictures How to do!!!

Thanks Jim that makes it even easier!!!
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Quote Originally Posted by T-Pines View Post

Using the advanced editor, you need to edit your thumbnail in Wysiwig mode (A/A on top left), then double-click on your photo. An Image Settings box should open. Choose Full Size (or one of the other size options) and click OK.

ETA: I couldn't figure this out earlier b/c I wasn't able to get the Image Settings box to open in IE. I tried doing it in Chrome and it worked fine.

Jim
    HEADS UP TO IE USERS:

In case anyone else is having problems in IE with the Image Settings box (or any other problems with RTF using IE), I discovered what was causing the problem for me.

Before the change to the new server, I was using the Compatibility View setting to avoid some problems caused by incompatibility between the old RTF software and the latest IE releases. With the change to the new software on RTF, I had not removed the Compatibility View setting for viewing RTF. Ironically, this was preventing me from accessing at least one of the advanced features now available on RTF, namely the Image Settings Box. Removing RTF from my IE list of Compatibility View sites fixed this.

Anyone using IE browser who had previously used Compatibility View on RTF ought to check this, especially if you are having any problems with features on the new RTF server.

Jim

Well, could be that my problem here is MAC related as I am using Safari and not Internet Explorer. Double clicking has no effect on my images. I also notice that I don't have the abc checkmark box that some have been referencing. I tried right clicking on the image to see if that would open some kind of editor and no go there either.

2012-03-28_00261 copy.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Pines View Post
    I finally figured out how to post a picture, hosted on the RTF server, that appears as full size (not thumbnail).

Attachment 7236

Using the advanced editor, you need to edit your thumbnail in Wysiwig mode (A/A on top left), then double-click on your photo. An Image Settings box should open. Choose Full Size (or one of the other size options) and click OK.

ETA: I couldn't figure this out earlier b/c I wasn't able to get the Image Settings box to open in IE. I tried doing it in Chrome and it worked fine.

Jim
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

duckhunt.jpg
    Wow!!!!! That is cool, and so easy
    You Miss 100% Of The Shots You Don't Take

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Well, could be that my problem here is MAC related as I am using Safari and not Internet Explorer. Double clicking has no effect on my images. I also notice that I don't have the abc checkmark box that some have been referencing. I tried right clicking on the image to see if that would open some kind of editor and no go there either.

2012-03-28_00261 copy.jpg

HPL,

I think you are right ... your problem has to do with Safari and WYSIWYG editor in vBulletin:

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...before-WYSIWYG

Jim

Boogers! One more joy of using the "most perfect computing machine known to man!!"
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Test photo upload

Last edited by Devlin; 05-27-2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Testing changing size of photo

Dylan 7 months 003.jpg

Just testing

Jun30_0005.jpg This was 10 mins after getting the new boat home(2 years ago) he jumped right in while I was not looking.
    Last edited by Rich Martin; 05-27-2012 at 09:37 PM. Reason: trying to enlarge pic.

My daughter, age 4, on her first trip out!
    IMG_20101017_075455.jpg

My old man, age 10.
    IMG_20101118_104521.jpg

Looks like I have them in as thumbnails, but working on full sizing them.
    Chad Miller
    Great Lakes HRC

HRCH UH Northern Flying Dutchman
    High Times Dutchmans Copper Cooper

"Wake me up early, be good to my dogs, and teach my children to pray!"
    - John Anderson, "Black Sheep"