RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

NCAA Baseball Playoffs -GDG

7K views 67 replies 28 participants last post by  Franco 
#1 ·
my Horns did not make the tournament and did not deserve to this year, but do not expect any upsets in the regional but potentially some great match ups in the Super Regional like Texas A&M vs UCLA, Miami vs LSU,and Oregon or Fullerton vs Kentucky or Purdue....I think Florida, North Carolina,Arizona,South Carolina all advance with ease

http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/baseball/d1

#4 ·
the overall seedings are

1. Florida

2. UCLA

3. Florida State

4. Baylor

5. Oregon

6. North Carolina

7. LSU

8. South Carolina (going for the 3peat)

#7 ·
GO dogs..there on fire after that SEC championship.. Don't really think anyone can handle MS state with stratton on the mound...anyone else think that its odd that the ACC has two regional tournaments less than an hour of each other (i.e. Chapel Hill and Raleigh?

#10 · (Edited)
LSU played like they cared in The SEC Tourny? No. This LSU team is about as bipolar as they come. When they are interested, they win. When they aren't, they lose series to Vandy & then 2 to State. As far as the best pitcher in the league, it's Kevin Gausman. The best hitter in the country plays for that team in The BR too. Surely you know Raph Rhymes by now.

#21 ·
Valparaiso just made the Division I tournament for the first time since 1968. Purdue is hosting a regional and it will be played at The Steel yard in Gary. Should be good for the area!
For those of you who love to vote for the "Underdogs", Purdue won their first big ten baseball title . . . ever! That's like in over 100 years (that's as bad as the Cubs!) They seem to have a very good team for a school that doesn't have a big baseball tradition. So if your school didn't make it this year why not root for Purdue?

Go Boilers!

Swack

#15 ·
one of the nice things about the NCAA BB playoffs is that its double elimination...the toughest matchups are always the Super Regional...once you get to the CWS anyone can win it, if you get superior pitching and timely hitting...I predict at least two of the top eight seeds will NOT make the CWS

#16 ·
I wouldn't consider LSU under-rated. They are a great baseball team and have probably the best arm on the bump throughout the field, but they are a very beatable squad. More so than the nationally seeded teams IMO.

#22 · (Edited)
What I said was true. No opinion @ all.

About that "Game", I'm over it.
I'm not and still fuming at Miles for not having the team ready especially after setting an NCAA record for defeating the most Top 10 teams in one season. But, the coming season, payback is gonna be hell!

LSU vs Monroe in the Regional opener, who you pulling for?

Pre-season Football ranking;
1 USC
2 LSU
3 Bama

If USC played in the SEC, they would be ranked behind LSU;-)

#24 ·
I think we will see a USC vs Oklahoma National Championship game

Can't believe that crap just came out of my mouth,I attribute that to Jamba Juice and the abscence of Starbucks I the morning after my run

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.