The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Republican Economy

Says a bunch...you just don't want to read it.

The problem with spending per capita is that immigration is at record numbers so, I like to see real spending numbers and not per capita. No doubt that Repubs are just as big at spending as the Dems, they just spend it on different things. And, what spending have the Repubs gone after since the mid-term elections other than Public Broadcasting and Planned Parenthood? Two areas that are hardly the problem of our deficit woes!

P S

I reserve the right to be critical of both bumbling political parties!
    Last edited by Franco; 06-07-2012 at 03:51 PM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The problem with spending per capita is that immigration is at record numbers so, I like to see real spending numbers and not per capita. No doubt that Repubs are just as big at spending as the Dems, they just spend it on different things. And, what spending have the Repubs gone after since the mid-term elections other than Public Broadcasting and Planned Parenthood? Two areas that are hardly the problem of our deficit woes!
    So, if we look at raw numbers, and assume spending was constant, the population would have had to increase by over 9%. But ya'll keep trying to say that spending has exploded. So how much do you believe that population has grown since that spike around 2010?

Try again...
    Last edited by Buzz; 06-07-2012 at 04:04 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    Says a bunch...you just don't want to read it.

I realize that I'm wasting my time, but I'm getting burned out with work. Needed to clear my mind with some mindless debate.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    So, if we look at raw numbers, and assume spending was constant, the population would have had to increase by over 9%. But ya'll keep trying to say that spending has exploded. So how much do you believe that population has grown since that spike around 2010?

Try again...
    With legal immigration over 1.2 million a year, 3,000,000 would have an impact on the per capita. And, an estimated illegal population estimated between 15mil and 25mil.

In fact, I was just looking at the trends in USA population growth and my gut tells me that this is a huge part of our problems. At the end of WW2, the population in the USA was only 130,000,000.

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/pubs/...ion_051807.pdf
    Looks like I under-estimated! Immigration is averaging 1.8 million a year since 2005!!! So, we can added another 5,000,000. That is why the per capita numbers are not worth looking at.
    Last edited by Franco; 06-07-2012 at 04:36 PM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I realize that I'm wasting my time, but I'm getting burned out with work. Needed to clear my mind with some mindless debate.
    roflmao...something we completely agree on!! this is way better than actually working!!
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    With legal immigration over 1.2 million a year, 3,000,000 would have an impact on the per capita. And, an estimated illegal population estimated between 15mil and 25mil.

In fact, I was just looking at the trends in USA population growth and my gut tells me that this is a huge part of our problems. At the end of WW2, the population in the USA was only 130,000,000.

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/pubs/...ion_051807.pdf
    Looks like I under-estimated! Immigration is averaging 1.8 million a year since 2005!!! So, we can added another 5,000,000. That is why the per capita numbers are not worth looking at.
    The government figures I could find for the first of each year:

2009 - 305 million
    2010 - 308 million
    2011 - 310 million
    2012 - 312 million

So, since 2009, the percent increase in population is:

100 x [(312/305) - 1] = 2.3 %

Do you think that this accounts for the drop in growth of per capita spending?

The math works.

Try telling someone with a family of 4 earning $50,000/year that inflation is low.

There are a bazillion different ways to interpret some of the graphs ... what causes corporate taxes to go down? I might suspect that less corporate revenue to tax has an impact.

Why does personal income tax stay pretty level? If 50% of the taxes are paid by the top 1% (more for the top 10%), we could imagine that those taxpayers did not have as great a dip in income as the portion who pay little or no taxes. I can't help thinking about people like those in Congress who have never really felt any of the pinch; and the sleezy execs who created the financial mess & walked off with buckets of money as a result. Maybe the latter actually paid some taxes on that money?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

You have a right to be angry...it is not fair. They screw up and we pay the price. You just made Buzz's point!

See the republicans want you to think that Obama is why people are in a pinch, when the last administration stood on the sideline and let them have their way, and the end result was they made money and left the common man with the mess.

Stop and listen to what he is trying to do, and that is give a common man some leaway and make a rich man pay for it. Like his mortgage refinancing initiative, lower student loan rates, etc. He is not offering handouts...he is offering air...something many need right now.

People are too busy listening to the right that blame him for the debt and high unemployment that he had nothing to do with to hear that he is trying to help good people.

Romney's plan is the same old plan...make it easier for the rich and the common man benefits from it.