The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is your area enjoying lower gas rates?

Was back in Corpus Christi again today and paid $3.29 for regular. Talked to my inlaws in Brownsville (Tx) and they said that there are places in their area at $2.99!! Almost getting down to where I could actually afford to buy it.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

We were at $3.29 yesterday. Unfortunately we have one of the highest gas taxes in the nation.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Default gas price

Gasoline price Bartlesville, OK yesterday at Murphy station in Wal-Mart parking lot with Wal-Mart card in use $3.219 per gal.. Without card it was $3.249 per gal.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Shows how high the taxes are on a gallon of gas in CA. I dread having to deal with that starting in a couple of weeks. But since I won't have a commute, it shouldn't hurt too bad.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Saw a station in Hattiesburg Ms with $3.09 today.

$3.79 burlington vermont, I can only hope for change
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Just took a swing through SE Montana for a work project. Gas in Rapid City is far cheaper than in Billings, even though they are a hub in Montana for the industry.

Glendive and Miles City had gas at $3.75/gal. As I came back, I pulled into a service station in the village of Ekalaka. I've always attempted to support many of the small towns whenever I'm out hunting and traveling. Big mistake. $3.99/gal. I only put in $20 worth. Got back to RC and filled with $3.39/gal cash.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Talked to my in-laws in Brownsville, Tx this evening and they are paying $2.99 & 9/10 but here, 120 miles closer to the refinery, we are still paying $3.34 & 9/10. Just doesn't make sense to me.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Talked to my in-laws in Brownsville, Tx this evening and they are paying $2.99 & 9/10 but here, 120 miles closer to the refinery, we are still paying $3.34 & 9/10. Just doesn't make sense to me.
    Greed doesn't make sense, it just is.............You can be sure that the places selling for $2.99 are making a profit. Nobody sells Gas at a loss, nor should they. The places selling at $3.34 are in the same state, subject to the same Federal and State tax rate on the same product. Fuel prices today have truly become "whatever the traffic will bear" and are a major player in the slow turnaround of our economy.

We have the same thing going on here. Greed knows no boundaries. It pays to shop around.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

It's crazy. It's location, location. In my town can be 10 cents cheaper than the city, but its 15 cents cheaper than a little trip north twenty miles. I also have a little town on the way back from training that is the cheapest around, one that the highway now bypasses. Went to Iowa yesterday and I can usually fill up there for much less. Home $3.69-$3.79, Iowa border $3.36
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam