RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

what pups are HOT?

19K views 39 replies 32 participants last post by  Purpledawg 
#1 ·
wanting some opinions on the "HOT" pups selling right now.

Grady?

Fargo II?

Emmitt?

Any others?

#13 ·
Hot pups selling vs. hot pups competing. Sire as a National winner may make for hot selling pups, but agree that they are unproven as of yet in competition.

#5 ·
Fargo II is deceased. I do not know of any recent Fargo breedings. You would have to contact Jane Patopea to see if she has sold any straws and to whom she has sold them.

#31 · (Edited)
I contacted them when I was going to breed Raven and they told me that there are not many straws left and that they weren't letting any out and they were having a hard time figuring out what to do with them. I'm sure if the right bitch came along they would change their minds, but only they know what the "right bitch" is.

#6 ·
Well there have been two Cosmo litters born since February, a Ford litter, a Ford breeding coming up and I know of an Ali breeding with a really nice Chopper bitch that is in the oven now, so they are out there, you just never hear about most of them.

#7 ·
Add to your "hot" puppy sellers pups by Gary Zellner's Pirate and Jim Harvey's Juice. If you are in the market for a pup, contact the owner of the stud dog for upcoming breedings. Same is true of the dam... find one you like and contact the owner for info on when she will be bred and to whom... then get on the waiting list.

Watch for the winner of the upcoming National Amateur. If it is won by a male, he will be the next popular stud dog.

#8 · (Edited)
If you are asking what sires are being bred the most right now, I'd have to say:

Grady
Pirate

Others quality sires that are getting bred:

Willie
Aero
Fen
Merlyn
Juice
Ali
Emmitt
Boo
Pow (as in Powder My Buns)

And the "Old School" breedings that you see every once in awhile:

Ford
Cosmo
Creek Robber
Pow (as in Esprit's Power Play)

#10 · (Edited)
I have seen a lot of Pirate pups and they look very good. Grady is top of the list so far with younger pups making the"grade" :). Either one depending on who they were bred to would sell well. If that's what you mean by "hot".

#14 ·
There is a planned breeding of NFC Two Rivers Wille x World Famous Condoleeza Bites (Leeza) , she is the littermate to FC AFC World Famous Rosa Barks, two are already spoken for, have no idea about the rest

#17 · (Edited)
AFC Windy City's Bent Tail X Jammer's Nickel Pickle*** will happen mid July.

I have had & trained some very nice retrievers over the last 25 years. Along with being a wonderful marker, Pic is absolutely the smartest one I have ever been around. Charlie & Mike are very high on Hook's intelligence also. Hence the reason for the breeding. Gotta believe they will be Hot!

#21 ·
wanting some opinions on the "HOT" pups selling right now.
Grady?Fargo II?Emmitt?Any others?
Maybe before the thread gets too off topic, I am asking the original poster to clarify the question raised. Do you mean "hot selling" pups -- what puppies are in demand right now, i.e. who are the currently most popular stud dogs ?

#25 ·
I'm pretty sure any pups coming out of the deep south or Texas will be panting. I also hear that the dogs in Illinois and parts of the midwest are enjoying their water work when they can find it. So far my own pups have had a cool summer from Montana to New Mexico. Can't answer for the eastern seaboard or pacific northwest!:cool::cool::eek:
Sorry, could not stop myself.

#28 ·
I have a Slider pup that JAM'd his first derby as an 11 month old dog. If he wouldn't have hunted the memory bird in the first series the judges told me he would have taken a first or second. This was in a field with approx. eight of Jim Van Engen's dogs. He is the real deal.
I am getting another Slider pup from Carole Robison's Just My Esther. They were born nine days ago. Hopefully he will be as good as my other young 'un.

#29 ·
Have a Grady daughter- chopper bitch(Flirt) Baby Duck Labs doing well with her derby work with William Leintner schould have had her there sooner been there 2 1/2 months am simply amazed with what he has accomplished. Also thanks to Mike LaFond I'm the owner of a 9 week old Prize X Chopper bitch pup. 2 generation pedigree 5 NFC's who'd of thought I'd be so fortunate, Thanks Scott, Neil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.