The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Pure Capitalism

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Please educate yourself on how taxes are computed.

I do apologize, perhaps I should have made my question more clear..............

WHAT IS AN ACCEPTABLE EFFECTIVE PERCENTAGE OF $250,000 TO DEDUCT FROM YOUR PAYCHECK AND GIVE TO YOUR GOVERNMENT?
    Last edited by ARay11; 06-20-2012 at 10:43 AM.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

My experience with folk complaining about taxes has been they are living beyound their means so they complain about paying their part of government. See if government gives them a break it is just a matter of time and they are running short again.

[QUOTE=sambo;980372]My experience with folk complaining about taxes has been they are living beyound their means so they complain about paying their part of government. See if government gives them a break it is just a matter of time and they are running short again.

DO YOU ALWAYS SKIRT THE QUESTION?????

Our earnings are NOT $400,000, however,

We cannot deduct our two children (make too much money)
    We do not deduct mortgage interest because we do not have a mortgage. (dumbasses that we are, we worked hard and paid for our property)
    Thankfully, property taxes here are low.... or would I rather them be higher so I can deduct that??? As it is... the property tax deduction is meaningless here.
    We do not have other deductions because we are employed, NOT self employed.

Effective tax rate cost me $65,000 (yes, SIXTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS) last year.... and that was the EFFECTIVE RATE....

The price of making money? Yup.... BUT THE PRICE IS WRONG, BOB!! It's very very wrong.

I just don't know how you guys are okay with a government that takes away what you work your butt off to earn and then won't even be accountable for it.

But I say "Hello" to the guys fishing down under the bridge each morning and they don't even say "Thanks"

Greatest country in the world? YES.
    Okay with taxes? YES.
    Okay with $65,000 in taxes? NO. I AM NOT.

Living beyond my means? Not since I was a teenager and ran out of gas. Dad gave me a tank of gas and $20. Said whatever I needed beyond that, I better figure out how to earn it.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    My experience with folk complaining about taxes has been they are living beyound their means so they complain about paying their part of government. See if government gives them a break it is just a matter of time and they are running short again.
    The gov't does not give taxPAYERS jack. The gov't takes from taxpayers. You really need to lay off the bong.
    Bill Davis

[QUOTE=ARay11;980380]

DO YOU ALWAYS SKIRT THE QUESTION?????

Our earnings are NOT $400,000, however,

We cannot deduct our two children (make too much money)
    We do not deduct mortgage interest because we do not have a mortgage. (dumbasses that we are, we worked hard and paid for our property)
    Thankfully, property taxes here are low.... or would I rather them be higher so I can deduct that??? As it is... the property tax deduction is meaningless here.
    We do not have other deductions because we are employed, NOT self employed.

Effective tax rate cost me $65,000 (yes, SIXTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS) last year.... and that was the EFFECTIVE RATE....

The price of making money? Yup.... BUT THE PRICE IS WRONG, BOB!! It's very very wrong.

I just don't know how you guys are okay with a government that takes away what you work your butt off to earn and then won't even be accountable for it.

But I say "Hello" to the guys fishing down under the bridge each morning and they don't even say "Thanks"

Greatest country in the world? YES.
    Okay with taxes? YES.
    Okay with $65,000 in taxes? NO. I AM NOT.

Living beyond my means? Not since I was a teenager and ran out of gas. Dad gave me a tank of gas and $20. Said whatever I needed beyond that, I better figure out how to earn it.

OOOPS....forgot to mention we also paid nearly $15,000 in Oklahoma State income taxes..... but here's why you won't hear me complaining about that...

http://www.ok.gov/OSF/

You see, at least the state tells me where my money is going. Some of it I agree with, Some of it I do not. BUT at least they show me the money!
    Forrest Gump, 1994

They give us a bunch....roads, schools, safe food, safe water, save building, desaster relief, protect us, medical research, parks, etc.

Yes they spend money on things we don't agee with but I could not buy this for $65,000 and would not want to do without it.

Bill you obviously do not care much for your fellow man....I'm not sure that you even like yourself...but I can assure you electing a republican is not going to change anything....so I guess no matter how thing turn out you will still be unhappy...too bad!
    Last edited by menmon; 06-20-2012 at 11:16 AM.

It's been my experience that when the GOVT complains about not having enough taxes they are spending beyond their means.
    Give them more taxes it's just a matter of time when they are overspending again.

EX: CA, IL, but not WI, we fixed it!!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

They give us a bunch....roads, schools, safe food, safe water, save building, desaster relief, protect us, medical research, parks, etc.

Yes they spend money on things we don't agee with but I could buy this for $65,000 and would not want to do without it.

Bill you obviously do not care much for your fellow man....I'm not sure that you even like yourself...but I can assure you electing a republican is not going to change anything....so I guess no matter how thing turn out you will still be unhappy...too bad!
    The part you don't get is that the gov't does not GIVE us anything. WE pay for it. Gov't works for US.

You... Sambo don't know anything about me other than what I type on here. What I think of my fellow man or anyone else is none of your business.

democrats thinks so much of our poor they have kept them that way for the last 50 years... And you want to keep those policies in place? i say that you must not really care for the poor...
    Bill Davis

ARAY, paying taxes suck...I want argue that, and I think the middle class gets an unfair shake and probably always will. That is why I think the upper class should pay much more...but no matter what the law is they will game it, and that is just business.

The problem with not paying taxes is that the government will get it another way and that is by printing money and we lose our purchasing power that way, so in essence we pay the tax. When this happens it hurts the poor and the elderly, and this angers me. So some son-of-a-bi$tch can get a pass on taxes and some old person does without.

Bill you are just angry about stuff that can't change...you attack me every chance you get...and I have not done anything to you accept not agree with you on most things...but when I think you get something right I say so.