The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cajun Economics

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I am assuming these are Dodge pickups you have, since GM is the only other OEM offering a CNG pickup, and they won’t start production until fall. I am surprised that Dodge would try to put CNG in a -ton pickup unless they are planning to introduce a different system. Their current tanks and system weighs about 600 lbs., which would reduce the payload on a 1500 to about 800 lbs., and usable bed space would be down to about 2’ – 3”.
    These are Fords.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    These are Fords.
    You can order the CNG Fords through their dealerships. The hardened engines are made by Ford, but the systems are still 3rd party upfits, probably either Rousch or Impco upfits. Ford doesn’t have their own CNG system yet. Ford will warranty the engine, but the upfitter has to warranty the rest of the system. However, I have heard that may change, and Ford may warranty the upfit from certain upfitters.

Right now, GM and Dodge are the only manufacturers with systems designed by them specifically for their vehicles. They both warranty the entire system.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    You can order the CNG Fords through their dealerships. The hardened engines are made by Ford, but the systems are still 3rd party upfits, probably either Rousch or Impco upfits. Ford doesn’t have their own CNG system yet. Ford will warranty the engine, but the upfitter has to warranty the rest of the system. However, I have heard that may change, and Ford may warranty the upfit from certain upfitters.

Right now, GM and Dodge are the only manufacturers with systems designed by them specifically for their vehicles. They both warranty the entire system.
    I am at a Ford Dealership. We have 4 in stock. (2 were ordered and are not available).
    They carry the same warranty as any other Ford F250
    They are CNG ready and have the upfits on them and the upfits are warranteed same as truck.
    Systems were designed specifically for Ford trucks.
    Currently, TransitConnect and F250 are available. F150 will have late availability. (late in the year)

I have these units in stock and ready for delivery.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Fontenot, nope. That Inter'l Tractor dealership on I-49 is being converted into a CNG filling station. Many of our government vehicles have converted to CNG and some businesses are converting thier fleets to CNG. That is prime real estate so I'm sure he pocketed some good coin.
    Jay was a smart businessman. He once traded me two shotguns for an old natual gas international power unit to power an irrigation well that I need to water some watermelons. I made a good crop and the price was good that year. He taught me how to cook gumbo too. Good man!

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    I am at a Ford Dealership. We have 4 in stock. (2 were ordered and are not available).
    They carry the same warranty as any other Ford F250
    They are CNG ready and have the upfits on them and the upfits are warranteed same as truck.
    Systems were designed specifically for Ford trucks.
    Currently, TransitConnect and F250 are available. F150 will have late availability. (late in the year)

I have these units in stock and ready for delivery.
    My mistake. I do remember something about Westport building and installing CNG systems for Ford trucks beginning in the 2012 MY (is that correct?). I saw one of the Westport upfits at the NAFA I & E in April. Having a manufacturer's warranty on the entire system is the only way to go, in my opinion. If there is a problem, I don't want any question on who to go to.

Are Ford's CNG trucks available for sale Retail to the general public, or only Fleet & Commercial at this point?

Do you know yet what the payload and range is going to be on the F-150?