The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dreams From My Father

Default Dreams From My Father

Turns out a lot of that was a "dream" after all.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczyn...-obamas-memoir

This is more stuff from Maraniss' book on Obama.

Turns out that there were several "fantasies" in the memoir that are easy to document. This article mentions 9, but another article tallies 38. The "composite" NY girlfriend seemed pretty harmless ... but some of these others would really change the "narrative" of his family roots.

An article by Ben Smith then says that it's not Obama's fault if people believed these misrepresentations. I'm not sure I can make sense out of that.

Why would a public figure (this was written just before he ran for Illinois Senate) publish stuff like this that could easily be disproven? By the time he wrote this book, he was not a pot-smoking teenager anymore.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Willing accomplices in the media!!!
    Soros/Ayers told him they had it.
    Gullible/Stupid populace.
    And the number 1 reason......White guilt!!!!!
    Just Win

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Turns out a lot of that was a "dream" after all.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczyn...-obamas-memoir

This is more stuff from Maraniss' book on Obama.

Turns out that there were several "fantasies" in the memoir that are easy to document. This article mentions 9, but another article tallies 38. The "composite" NY girlfriend seemed pretty harmless ... but some of these others would really change the "narrative" of his family roots.

An article by Ben Smith then says that it's not Obama's fault if people believed these misrepresentations. I'm not sure I can make sense out of that.

Why would a public figure (this was written just before he ran for Illinois Senate) publish stuff like this that could easily be disproven? By the time he wrote this book, he was not a pot-smoking teenager anymore.
    It is simple.
    This guy has lived his life in acadamia.
    He has never been told no, ever.
    He was pliable, so he was molded into what the secualar progressives that rule acadamia wanted.
    He was never vetted, still has not been.

He is the "Manchurian Candidate" personified.

A massive fraud foisted on the American public.
    Barrack Obama does not even exist!!!!

He will be FIRED in November.
    The left has no idea what is coming...............
    Stan b & Elvis

Obama was using his book to create an image of himself -- a marketable persona. Being truthful about his family and his life experiences was not in line with the image he was creating so he fabricated b.s. to sell himself.

Sadly, it worked.

Helen

and to think that the media gave former Pres. Clinton grief when he chided them about"...buying into the fairy tale..." looks like the Clinton campaign knew the real story but could not stop the tsunami and media love affair with the candidate in '08...lets hope that the American public is a touch more discriminating this time around
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Default Difficult for people to admit

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    and to think that the media gave former Pres. Clinton grief when he chided them about"...buying into the fairy tale..." looks like the Clinton campaign knew the real story but could not stop the tsunami and media love affair with the candidate in '08...lets hope that the American public is a touch more discriminating this time around

It is very, very difficult for many people to admit that they made a mistake about the man and voted for him the first time. The ones who still think he is great will still open their mouth and claim him but the ones who have changed their view on Obama are pretty quiet about it. I hope we have enough people who changed their minds who will vote this time.

On another note I am very tired of the different groups calling and asking who I am voting for. That my friends is Un-American. I am old and I believe in my right to keep my vote private.
    Last edited by charly_t; 06-24-2012 at 05:11 PM.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    It is simple.
    .................................................. .......

A massive fraud foisted on the American public.
    Barrack Obama does not even exist!!!!

Summed up in a few words. Thanks you !
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    It is very, very difficult for many people to admit that they made a mistake about the man and voted for him the first time. The ones who still think he is great will still open their mouth and claim him but the ones who have changed their view on Obama are pretty quiet about it. I hope we have enough people who changed their minds who will vote this time.

On another note I am very tired of the different groups calling and asking who I am voting for
    . That my friends is Un-American. I am old and I believe in my right to keep my vote private.

thats the only way I could get them to leave me alone, because it was my own UNION, that kept calling me....the calls stopped after I told them I was voting Republican

BUT, I do agree that it is your right to keep your vote private...but I am glad that you exercise your right to vote
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Dreams From My Father turns in to a nightmare for the country.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Does it seem strange that the Obama campaign has remained mum on the details laid out in this book? Perhaps the feeling is that if they don't acknowledge it, it will "go away" by November?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.