The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dreams From My Father

Default Age and voting

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    thats the only way I could get them to leave me alone, because it was my own UNION, that kept calling me....the calls stopped after I told them I was voting Republican

BUT, I do agree that it is your right to keep your vote private...but I am glad that you exercise your right to vote
    There are a lot of times anymore when I doubt my ability to reason well enough to vote for rhe correct person. We older people are often not thinking clearly anymore.............."a man has to know his limitations"
    per Dirty Harry.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    There are a lot of times anymore when I doubt my ability to reason well enough to vote for rhe correct person. We older people are often not thinking clearly anymore.............."a man has to know his limitations"
    per Dirty Harry.

I will take my chances with your more experienced vote than the MTV crowd vote who is just concerned about who is cool or hip
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    lets hope that the American public is a touch more discriminating this time around
    The college student vote... they bought into hope and change in 2008. Some are still hoping and will buy back into it because they believe the Republicans are trying to raise the interest on their student loans.

College graduates who can't find jobs might be re-thinking the promises of hope and change.

Whether college students or college grads will take the time to vote this November is another story. I think the under 30 crowd like Obama's youth and hipness. I don't know if that will get them to the polls this year or not. I have a grandson and a granddaughter who are 21. The grandson pays a little bit of attention to politics because he attends a university, but he does not think much about the coming election or what is happening beyond his studies and football. The granddaughter has a job, attends community college, is into herself and friends. Doubtful she will register to vote which does not concern me as she should not be voting as she would go for the promises of hope and change, but have no clue. She'd vote like her friends -- for a hip president.
    Helen

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Does it seem strange that the Obama campaign has remained mum on the details laid out in this book? Perhaps the feeling is that if they don't acknowledge it, it will "go away" by November?
    While it has been exposed that there are bald face untruths in Obama's memoir, the media has not covered this much. No surprise to me. I think you are right.. Obama's campaign isn't going to acknowledge the untruths; they are counting on the media's no coverage. It is off the radar now; exposing the untruths of the memoir didn't last until July, let alone November.

If NBC wouldn't report one single story on Fast & Furious until now, we know they chose not to cover Obama administration negatives. Same with other major media outlets. They decide what is newsworthy and put their own slant on it. It is amazing to watch the different channels report on the same topic and compare how the stories are slanted.

Helen

Helen