The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: *Raw Video* George Zimmerman's Reenactment of Trayvon Martin Shooting

Default *Raw Video* George Zimmerman's Reenactment of Trayvon Martin Shooting

Seems to corroborate his own testimony of course but being able to see where the shooting happen, and how Trayvon could have walked up on him after it seems (according to Z) after he was walking away once told to do so by dispatch.
    Last edited by Dustin D; 06-21-2012 at 01:07 PM.

I haven't decided either way on this but it seems rather implausible that in his heightened sense of awareness as he was pursuing TM that he could have missed him being in that wide open area between the buildings.

I also don't get how TM punched him and knocked him to the ground, hit him in the face up to a dozen times and then proceeded to bash his head in on the pavement. Yet the fight started on one path and then ended up down the next path even though TM overwhelmed him by knocking him to the ground and supposedly mounted him and commenced the pounding.

He also appears to be overwhelmed by having his head bashed in yet was able to feel his jacket lifting up and TM arm moving for the gun. All the while getting his head pounded into the concrete ( did TM just palm his bald head, like dribbling a basket ball, to have the arm free to reach for the gun?). I can't help to also wonder why his wounds don't show the severe a$$ kicking he supposedly encountered. Wouldn't the back of his head and his face be all bruised up? I would think the bruises would still be there if the band aids where.

Lastly, I have never been in an altercation that I couldn't have recalled with clarity what happened. GZ did not seem to be all that clear in how he recalls the situation. That may be normal but to me it seems like he is trying to remember what he had said previously as opposed to a detailed description of what actually happened. From what I understand he had at least a partial criminal justice education and wanted to be a cop. If true I would suspect he would be aware enough to keep his story straight no matter what. Telling the simple truth IMO would be easier to relay than his actions here would suggest.

So we all hunt here right?
    Ever talk to a feller a few days after a deer hunt?
    The story flows, it gushes.
    As soon as Z got out of his vehicle and told 911 he was going, he was on the hunt.
    Does his story flow? No.
    From the start I thought, wannabe without proper training put himself into a situation he could not handle. Now the lying about the money, the wife and he phone stuff. As well as this newly released tape. He shoulda stayed in his car. So the dead kid weren’t an angel.
    Did he need killin’?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Olliedog View Post

Lastly, I have never been in an altercation that I couldn't have recalled with clarity what happened. GZ did not seem to be all that clear in how he recalls the situation. That may be normal but to me it seems like he is trying to remember what he had said previously as opposed to a detailed description of what actually happened. From what I understand he had at least a partial criminal justice education and wanted to be a cop. If true I would suspect he would be aware enough to keep his story straight no matter what. Telling the simple truth IMO would be easier to relay than his actions here would suggest.
    You're joking, right? I've never been in an altercation where I could remember blow for blow exactly how it went down. I remember breaking up a dog fight back when I was in college and in the process I got bitten, and my mother also got bitten. There were three dogs and although I know which one bit me, we never could figure out which one or ones bit my mom, or exactly when or how she got bitten. Things happen fast and are frequently confusing. I can only imagine what it would be like if 1. someone had first clocked me in the face hard enough to daze me (not to mention that a hard shot to the nose makes your eyes water affecting your vision and causing further confusion) and 2. then knocked me to the ground and began smacking my head against concrete. Personally, I thought Zimmerman sounded very credible, esp since he was probably still somewhat in shock after a fight in which he was getting the worst part until he actually killed the other guy (with all that entails, both psychologically and legally).
    Last edited by HPL; 06-22-2012 at 08:32 AM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    As soon as Z got out of his vehicle and told 911 he was going, he was on the hunt.
    Does his story flow? No.
    From the start I thought, wannabe without proper training put himself into a situation he could not handle. Now the lying about the money, the wife and he phone stuff. As well as this newly released tape. He shoulda stayed in his car. So the dead kid weren’t an angel.
    Did he need killin’?
    That's about how I saw it.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    You're joking, right? I've never been in an altercation where I could remember blow for blow exactly how it went down. I remember breaking up a dog fight back when I was in college and in the process I got bitten, and my mother also got bitten. There were three dogs and although I know which one bit me, we never could figure out which one or ones bit my mom, or exactly when or how she got bitten. Things happen fast and are frequently confusing. I can only imagine what it would be like if 1. someone had first clocked me in the face hard enough to daze me (not to mention that a hard shot to the nose makes your eyes water affecting your vision and causing further confusion) and 2. then knocked me to the ground and began smacking my head against concrete. Personally, I thought Zimmerman sounded very credible, esp since he was probably still somewhat in shock after a fight in which he was getting the worst part until he actually killed the other guy (with all that entails, both psychologically and legally).
    No I am not joking but relating this to any fight I have been in. I also don't see how comparing a one on one situation to a three on one is a good comparison. If GZ had been jumped by three guys I would agree that the confusion would be understandable.

While I respect your view that he sounds credible, I wonder why you don't address the other issues I find to be inconsistent? How was TM hidden in that open area? How was it that he knew how many times he was hit, that he could feel through his jacket where the grass was, could feel his jacket come up, feel TM arm moving for the gun yet he doesn't know with clarity how it started on one path and ended up where it did? He undoubtedly is telling a story with a lot of details yet the details don't flow very well when he recalls what happened. Would someone so dazed and confused ( as you are suggesting) remember the finer points and not have a clear picture of the event? IMO those two things do not jive well together.FWIW I would buy it if he didn't have the finer details and said he didn't know because be was so dazed.

Does his story flow? No.
    Did he need killin’?
    I don't know, we are talking about killing another human being, not a deer. If I killed another man I'm pretty sure I'd slow down and make sure I got everything exactly right, especially when talking to the cops. You confuse one little detail and you'll burn for it in court.
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

Does his story flow? No.
    Did he need killin’?
    I can't say if this is true ( we weren't there )but we agree on the heightened state of awareness that he would have been in. TM wasn't anywhere as far as he could see yet he was somehow within 20ft or so standing in a wide open area. I can't help but to think he is using the same smarts in telling this "story" that he used when he discussed moving the money on the jail phone. What are the chances that those phones have signs that state that all conversations are recorded???? Even if they don't he knew enough to speak in codes as is apparent in the transcripts.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel J Simoens View Post
    I don't know, we are talking about killing another human being, not a deer. If I killed another man I'm pretty sure I'd slow down and make sure I got everything exactly right, especially when talking to the cops. You confuse one little detail and you'll burn for it in court.
    Very true, but the truth tends to flow much more fluidly than a lie. Lies don't stick as vividly in our memory unless there is time to ingrain it. IMO he seems to be recalling what he said in his earlier statement to the Police and struggling to get it right as opposed to retelling a story that should be vivid in his mind. I may be totally wrong but I don't think so.

am I the only one who want this whole subject to be resolved and go away...this case has been scrutinized as much as the OJ trial,enough already
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"