The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: *Raw Video* George Zimmerman's Reenactment of Trayvon Martin Shooting

Bond hearing for Z next Friday the 29th
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

What is bad if you think about it a bit, is that the police should have arrested him the night of the shooting for his own protection, from himself. I doubt this video would be circulating (or even produced) if he had been read his rights vice having a feeling that his killing was considered, at the time, self defense.... If he had been arrested this may not have been such a news article. IMHO...

Quote Originally Posted by Olliedog View Post
    No I am not joking but relating this to any fight I have been in. I also don't see how comparing a one on one situation to a three on one is a good comparison. If GZ had been jumped by three guys I would agree that the confusion would be understandable.

While I respect your view that he sounds credible, I wonder why you don't address the other issues I find to be inconsistent? How was TM hidden in that open area? How was it that he knew how many times he was hit, that he could feel through his jacket where the grass was, could feel his jacket come up, feel TM arm moving for the gun yet he doesn't know with clarity how it started on one path and ended up where it did? He undoubtedly is telling a story with a lot of details yet the details don't flow very well when he recalls what happened. Would someone so dazed and confused ( as you are suggesting) remember the finer points and not have a clear picture of the event? IMO those two things do not jive well together.FWIW I would buy it if he didn't have the finer details and said he didn't know because be was so dazed.
    to begin with, you seem to be overlooking the fact that it was dark and raining. Darkness affects vision, as does rain, and rain also muffles sound. Very possible that Trayvon was able to sneak up on Zimmerman if he came from the right direction, and although it does look pretty wide open, we never got a 360 degree view of the area so we really don't know how close the sidewalk is to all the buildings, etc. It also looks to me like the videographer is using a bit of a wide angle lens which distorts perspective, exaggerating distances. If so, it would make the buildings look farther from the sidewalks than they actually are and making the area look more wide open than it actually is.

If I were in a similar situation, I hope I would be smart enough to consider my words to the cops as carefully as Zimmerman was. If you just ramble on, there is a good chance that there will be inconsistencies in your story from one telling to another and the cops will jump on things like that. I will also say that the guy winning the fight might be better able to remember the blow by blow better than the one getting the stuffing knocked out. I also wonder how YOUR memories would look if compared to a video of the events or if compared word for word with the other guy's account. If Zimmerman says that Trayvon hit him three times , I would figure that it might have been three, it might have been two, or it might have been six. I wouldn't expect him to tell me "well, first he hit me in the nose, then three times to the right side, followed by a left hook to the jaw, and then kicked me in the knee and then gave me a spinning hammerfist to the side of the head". If he did tell me that, I would not expect to see the same events in that order on the security tape. Just not the way most normal people react when in a fight.
    Last edited by HPL; 06-22-2012 at 11:13 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Byron Musick View Post
    What is bad if you think about it a bit, is that the police should have arrested him the night of the shooting for his own protection, from himself. I doubt this video would be circulating (or even produced) if he had been read his rights vice having a feeling that his killing was considered, at the time, self defense.... If he had been arrested this may not have been such a news article. IMHO...
    He was...He was handcuffed, put in a car, taken down town and questioned at which point the police felt it was self-defense...what more do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    to begin with, you seem to be overlooking the fact that it was dark and raining. Darkness affects vision, as does rain, and rain also muffles sound. Very possible that Trayvon was able to sneak up on Zimmerman if he came from the right direction, and although it does look pretty wide open, we never got a 360 degree view of the area so we really don't know how close the sidewalk is to all the buildings, etc. It also looks to me like the videographer is using a bit of a wide angle lens which distorts perspective, exaggerating distances. If so, it would make the buildings look farther from the sidewalks than they actually are and making the area look more wide open than it actually is.

If I were in a similar situation, I hope I would be smart enough to consider my words to the cops as carefully as Zimmerman was. If you just ramble on, there is a good chance that there will be inconsistencies in your story from one telling to another and the cops will jump on things like that. I will also say that the guy winning the fight might be better able to remember the blow by blow better than the one getting the stuffing knocked out. I also wonder how YOUR memories would look if compared to a video of the events or if compared word for word with the other guy's account. If Zimmerman says that Trayvon hit him three times , I would figure that it might have been three, it might have been two, or it might have been six. I wouldn't expect him to tell me "well, first he hit me in the nose, then three times to the right side, followed by a left hook to the jaw, and then kicked me in the knee and then gave me a spinning hammerfist to the side of the head". If he did tell me that, I would not expect to see the same events in that order on the security tape. Just not the way most normal people react when in a fight.
    Here is the first half of the video and a link to his written statement when he was taken to the station that night.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/21/justic...ing/index.html

In the video you can clearly see how open it is but he does say it was dark and although he had a flashlight, the batteries were dead. This would only lead me to ask why he would be in such darkness while looking for someone in light of the break ins and attacks that had happened recently ( he makes a point to include this in his written statement). Would a normal person do this?
    If you recall the original 911 tapes I believe he tells the dispatcher that he is following him when they tell him not to. In the video he claims he isn't following him, but looking for an address ( having to go through a pitch black area to do so) and is jumped on his way back to his vehicle.In the video I linked he states he saw him duck between the rows of houses that are 70 - 100 ft away. Once again it seems inconsistent that he could see him in the darkness that far away yet was too dark to see him up close. He also says that he was punched in the nose and knocked on his back and then mounted. In the video he hits him and then somehow pushes him down. Two very different scenarios IMO. Would you have headed into any of this ( especially the darkness) after someone you think may be dangerous without drawing your weapon first? this story defies logic or any sense at all.

I encourage you to read the written statement and compare it to the original 911 transcripts and these video statements. Things don't jive well and his actions don't make sense from what folks would normally do given the scenario and motivation he gives( robberies and attacks).

Lastly, would a normal person, after having fired his gun, thinking( as he stated ) that he thought he had missed (when TM said "you got me") get on the persons back after holstering his gun???? A normal person that had just been " severely beaten" would hold that person at gunpoint after discharging it. It doesn't sound as if he was incapacitated in the least either to be able to instantly gain his composure and take control of a situation that TM was supposedly in control of. I don't think the courtroom is going to be a favorable experience for Mr Zimmerman.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    He was...He was handcuffed, put in a car, taken down town and questioned at which point the police felt it was self-defense...what more do you want?
    I believe that you are over stating the Police thinking it was self defense. It seems to me that the interpretation of the vagaries of the law were the problem. Not that they deemed him innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    That's not being formally charged or arrested. My point is he would not have made those stupid video's if he had followed his right to remain SILENT, vice being stupid... He would have been allowed to Lawyer up and all the stupid crap he and his wife did, would likely not have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Olliedog View Post
    Here is the first half of the video and a link to his written statement when he was taken to the station that night.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/21/justic...ing/index.html

In the video you can clearly see how open it is but he does say it was dark and although he had a flashlight, the batteries were dead. This would only lead me to ask why he would be in such darkness while looking for someone in light of the break ins and attacks that had happened recently ( he makes a point to include this in his written statement). Would a normal person do this?
    If you recall the original 911 tapes I believe he tells the dispatcher that he is following him when they tell him not to. In the video he claims he isn't following him, but looking for an address ( having to go through a pitch black area to do so) and is jumped on his way back to his vehicle.In the video I linked he states he saw him duck between the rows of houses that are 70 - 100 ft away. Once again it seems inconsistent that he could see him in the darkness that far away yet was too dark to see him up close. He also says that he was punched in the nose and knocked on his back and then mounted. In the video he hits him and then somehow pushes him down. Two very different scenarios IMO. Would you have headed into any of this ( especially the darkness) after someone you think may be dangerous without drawing your weapon first? this story defies logic or any sense at all.

I encourage you to read the written statement and compare it to the original 911 transcripts and these video statements. Things don't jive well and his actions don't make sense from what folks would normally do given the scenario and motivation he gives( robberies and attacks).

Lastly, would a normal person, after having fired his gun, thinking( as he stated ) that he thought he had missed (when TM said "you got me") get on the persons back after holstering his gun???? A normal person that had just been " severely beaten" would hold that person at gunpoint after discharging it. It doesn't sound as if he was incapacitated in the least either to be able to instantly gain his composure and take control of a situation that TM was supposedly in control of. I don't think the courtroom is going to be a favorable experience for Mr Zimmerman.
    Actually, as far as being able to see Trayvon at a distance and then not seeing him as he was being jumped, many neighborhoods have pools of light surrounded by darkness actually making it more difficult to see in the pools of darkness. The dispatcher DID NOT ORDER him TO NOT follow Trayvon, simply suggesting that they didn't NEED him to do that. No, I would not have drawn my weapon before following Trayvon for at least three reasons, drawing immediately escalates a situation and makes it more likely that someone will get shot, Zimmerman knew the police were on the way (and running around with a drawn weapon on a dark and rainy night is a good way to get shot by the police (see reason #1)), and here in Texas, I believe that your right to carry (if you have a carry permit) is predicated on the weapon remaining concealed. My understanding of that part of our law is that the instant you draw the weapon, you are guilty of "brandishing".

As far as re-holstering the gun goes, I really don't want to have a drawn weapon when the cops show up if the threat appears to be over (again, see reason #1 above).

I would not expect all the statements to be exactly the same unless they were carefully rehearsed.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Problem is common sense isn't very common these days . People try and put more into it, Just look at the evidence For George it doesn't matter if this trial is held in FL he will be locked up for a long time.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by Byron Musick View Post
    You are talking about his "Miranda warning" that's deals with questioning and is not required during an arrest. It is always read on TV shows, it is not required. In most situations you want to read it to a suspect, however there are some instances that another tactic is more appropriate.