The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: *Raw Video* George Zimmerman's Reenactment of Trayvon Martin Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Byron Musick View Post
    What is bad if you think about it a bit, is that the police should have arrested him the night of the shooting for his own protection, from himself. I doubt this video would be circulating (or even produced) if he had been read his rights vice having a feeling that his killing was considered, at the time, self defense.... If he had been arrested this may not have been such a news article. IMHO...
    You are talking about his "Miranda warning" that's deals with questioning and is not required during an arrest. It is always read on TV shows, it is not required. In most situations you want to read it to a suspect, however there are some instances that another tactic is more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    Problem is common sense isn't very common these days . People try and put more into it, Just look at the evidence For George it doesn't matter if this trial is held in FL he will be locked up for a long time.
    Well, from everything I have read and heard, I sure hope you are wrong. So far, everything Zimmerman has said seems plausible to me and doubt is supposed to be on the side of the defendant. Perhaps a tragedy, but I just don't seen murder here myself.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

I believe he should walk I believe what he said, but it seems alot of people still disagree he was even beat up, its amazing once somebody has made up their mind they refuse to even listen or look at the evidence.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

it's obvious that he needed killin'........
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    it's obvious that he needed killin'........
    don't think that's necessarily true, but as I said earlier, I find Zimmerman's rendition of events plausible and in our justice system, doubt is supposed to favor the accused.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Quote Originally Posted by Byron Musick View Post
    That's not being formally charged or arrested. My point is he would not have made those stupid video's if he had followed his right to remain SILENT, vice being stupid... He would have been allowed to Lawyer up and all the stupid crap he and his wife did, would likely not have happened.
    Thats exactly what an arrest is. He was forcibly detained and taken to the police station for further question. At which point he could've lawyered up. He chose not to at the time. All the other stupid crap he did was while under the advisement of a lawyer...I am not sure you have followed this case very closely...

Quote Originally Posted by Olliedog View Post
    I believe that you are over stating the Police thinking it was self defense. It seems to me that the interpretation of the vagaries of the law were the problem. Not that they deemed him innocent.
    If the police didn't feel it was self-defense (the only time the law applies) then why was he released?

I'm sure theres someone here who can answer this...

Under FL law, does it matter who started it?

Obviously there was a skirmish, the coroner and the police all agree to that right?
    So, self defense sounds reasonable for either combatant to claim.

I think what some people forget is not whether or not TM deserved to die. I think most can agree he did not.
    Had GZ not been carrying a gun, he would have received his butt whoopin from an unruly teenager and they could have both gone home alive. But GZ chose to carry a gun. He chose to brandish that gun. And he chose to take a human life. None of that sounds "right", but if it's within the law, GZ should be a free man.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post

Obviously there was a skirmish, the coroner and the police all agree to that right?
    This is what I was going to ask next. Did TM fear for his safety? Was he defending himself from someone who was apparently stalking him? Right before the start of the fight GZ went for his phone which wasn't there. Wouldn't that be seen as means for going on the offensive? If he had shot GZ at that moment would it have been justified?

I can see a parallel here to someone trying to mug me that shoots me in the process of me kicking his a$$ while defending myself. Would the mugger have the gun/CCW community jumping to their side, sending money to a fund and saying I deserved killin????

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post

I think what some people forget is not whether or not TM deserved to die. I think most can agree he did not.
    Had GZ not been carrying a gun, he would have received his butt whoopin from an unruly teenager and they could have both gone home alive. But GZ chose to carry a gun. He chose to brandish that gun. And he chose to take a human life. None of that sounds "right", but if it's within the law, GZ should be a free man.
    Perhaps had Zimmerman not been carrying his gun, Trayvon (a strong, fit 6'+ young man) would have continued to beat his head against the concrete until he caused permanent brain damage or even killed Zimmerman, so you can't assume that had Zimmerman hot been armed there wouldn't have been a killing that night. If Zimmerman is telling the truth, he did NOT "brandish" his weapon and in fact didn't draw it until he felt deadly force was required.

Quote Originally Posted by Olliedog View Post
    This is what I was going to ask next. Did TM fear for his safety? Was he defending himself from someone who was apparently stalking him? Right before the start of the fight GZ went for his phone which wasn't there. Wouldn't that be seen as means for going on the offensive? If he had shot GZ at that moment would it have been justified?

I can see a parallel here to someone trying to mug me that shoots me in the process of me kicking his a$$ while defending myself. Would the mugger have the gun/CCW community jumping to their side, sending money to a fund and saying I deserved killin????
    Even if Trayvon felt that Zimmerman was "stalking" him, one might point out that Zimmerman had as much right to be walking on the sidewalk as Trayvon and if Zimmerman is telling the truth, Trayvon accosted him and initiated the actual physical conflict. I'm pretty sure that if you launch a "pre-emptive" assault against someone you "think" is going to mug you, before they pull a weapon or take some overt act, YOU will be guilty of assault. That is how Zimmerman is telling the story and so far I haven't heard or read anything to make me disbelieve him.
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)