The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 58

Thread: *Raw Video* George Zimmerman's Reenactment of Trayvon Martin Shooting

  1. #41
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    you nailed the bold underline, as for the 911 part. I aint never reported skittle eatin'
    I get home after 9pm. I walk my dogs at night all the time. I even have a black hoodie.
    I walk up to and chat with folk at night, in the dark, with my dogs.
    And a valad what if.... what if dead child thought Z was a robber? Be nice to be able to ask him.
    Z shoulda stayed in his car like the police told him.
    I'm not saying that anyone involved here made the best decision, but the police didn't TELL him to stay in the car, and I know from experience that it frequently takes police too long to arrive to be able to point to the fellow you were calling about and say "there he is". Like one fellow said on a different forum when asked why he carried a gun, "because policemen are too heavy". I think that Zimmerman was trying to be a good citizen and neighbor and unfortunately for both men Trayvon made a fatal mistake when he attacked him.

    Zimmerman has neither your size, nor your Chessies as an intimidation factor.

    One thing that I haven't read anywhere is at what distance Zimmerman was following Trayvon. If he was staying half a block or so behind him, that should have given Trayvon plenty of space to be able to get home without incident if he had just made the sensible choice.

    As far as your what if, if Trayvon thought that Zimmerman was a robber, well, then, it was very foolish of him to confront him when home and safety were only a few yards away.

    My sympathies began to swing to Zimmerman about the time our friends Jesse and Al began attempting to color the event as a racist act, and continued to swell as the media kept publishing the photo of 10 or 12 year old Trayvon instead of one showing him as he actually was (17, 6'+, and, at least at times somewhat thuggy looking). Made me feel like they were hiding something and began to sound like a lynch mob. Then there was the fact that that group was claiming that the "white man" was profiling and stalking some little black kid and then, in the words of one congresswoman, "shot him down like a dog" which is demonstrably NOT what happened. to top it off, when it turned out that Zimmerman is in fact part Hispanic, they actually went so far as to refer to him as a "white" Hispanic (whatever the hell THAT is). Would be laughable if it weren't so blatant.

    So, get rid of all the hyperbole, and what I think it comes down to is; Zimmerman was aware that there had been a series of break-ins in his neighborhood. Zimmerman saw someone acting in what he felt was a suspicious manner. Zimmerman called the police to report the activity and then decided to attempt to keep an eye on the person until police arrived. Zimmerman did NOT attempt to "apprehend" or in any other way molest Trayvon. Zimmerman did not go "hunting" for Trayvon with blood in his heart and gun drawn. Trayvon noticed Zimmerman watching and following him. Instead of proceeding to the safety of his father's house or calling the police to tell them that HE had seen someone behaving suspiciously, Trayvon decided to not only confront Zimmerman but to actually assault him. Trayvon then did attack Zimmerman, striking him in the face, knocking him to the ground and then beating his head on the concrete sidewalk. Zimmerman then pulled his legally carried firearm, discharging it ONE TIME which apparently cooled Trayvon's jets causing him to break off the attack and unfortunately resulting in Treyvon's death.

    From what I have read, that seems a plausible scenario, and it would be my position that in that case, Trayvon's death, though unfortunate, was not a crime.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    32

    Default

    While I think this conversation has reached it's end I would like to say that I appreciate the way it was conducted. Thank you gent's.

  3. #43
    Senior Member gmhr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    3,732

    Default

    I think best we can hope for is a hung jury.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    I think best we can hope for is a hung jury.
    Cyndi, I would guess that you have made far more posts on the Trayvon Martin threads than anyone else. It is my observation that you either have some inside knowledge of the facts of the case that the rest of us don't have, or that you have ZERO objectivity on the case and have made a "Rush to Judgement"


    Have you acquired some insider info from your Arizona location that makes you sure of his wrongful arrest?
    If so you probably should share that with the cops and prosecutors in Florida who have investigated the on scene evidence & facts of the case and based on their on the scene investigation arrested him and criminally charged him.

    If you are not privy to any such exculpatory evidence, then why would you say "The best WE can hope for is a hung jury"?
    Why do you use the term "WE" in your statement? Is your last name Zimmerman: or do you have some type of personal relationship with him?
    Or is that "WE" just a final definitive indicator of your complete lack of objectivity in this case?

    I would think that as a law abiding citizen of the USA the best "WE" could hope for is that there is not a hung jury, and instead the evidence comes out in a clear and convincing manner so that he is acquited if he did nothing wrong, or he is convicted if he shot Mr Martin dead without legal justification
    .

  5. #45
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Cyndi, I would guess that you have made far more posts on the Trayvon Martin threads than anyone else. It is my observation that you either have some inside knowledge of the facts of the case that the rest of us don't have, or that you have ZERO objectivity on the case and have made a "Rush to Judgement"


    Have you acquired some insider info from your Arizona location that makes you sure of his wrongful arrest?
    If so you probably should share that with the cops and prosecutors in Florida who have investigated the on scene evidence & facts of the case and based on their on the scene investigation arrested him and criminally charged him.

    If you are not privy to any such exculpatory evidence, then why would you say "The best WE can hope for is a hung jury"?
    Why do you use the term "WE" in your statement? Is your last name Zimmerman: or do you have some type of personal relationship with him?
    Or is that "WE" just a final definitive indicator of your complete lack of objectivity in this case?

    I would think that as a law abiding citizen of the USA the best "WE" could hope for is that there is not a hung jury, and instead the evidence comes out in a clear and convincing manner so that he is acquited if he did nothing wrong, or he is convicted if he shot Mr Martin dead without legal justification
    .
    I would certainly agree that a hung jury is probably not the most desirable outcome, but I for one have my doubts as to the reason that Zimmerman was arrested and indicted. Everything that I have seen and read leads me to believe that the arrest and indictment were POLITICALLY motivated and probably had little to do with the actual evidence. He wasn't charged or arrested until the media had splashed Treyvon's baby photo all over the airwaves making it look like Zimmerman had slaughtered an innocent practically with mother's milk still on his lips, and Jesse and Al got involved, clearly distorting the facts and essentially creating a lynch mob mentality to which the local authorities had to bend. Of course we aren't privy to all the evidence, but when the folks making the accusation go to such trouble to color the facts, it makes me very skeptical of their claims and the "prosecution" begins to look more like "persecution".

    With all the political pressure that was brought to bear by people whose motives are always in question, the prosecution has a tough row to hoe to convince me that the shooting wasn't justified, tragic perhaps, but still legally justified.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I would certainly agree that a hung jury is probably not the most desirable outcome, but I for one have my doubts as to the reason that Zimmerman was arrested and indicted. Everything that I have seen and read leads me to believe that the arrest and indictment were POLITICALLY motivated and probably had little to do with the actual evidence. He wasn't charged or arrested until the media had splashed Treyvon's baby photo all over the airwaves making it look like Zimmerman had slaughtered an innocent practically with mother's milk still on his lips, and Jesse and Al got involved, clearly distorting the facts and essentially creating a lynch mob mentality to which the local authorities had to bend. Of course we aren't privy to all the evidence, but when the folks making the accusation go to such trouble to color the facts, it makes me very skeptical of their claims and the "prosecution" begins to look more like "persecution".

    With all the political pressure that was brought to bear by people whose motives are always in question, the prosecution has a tough row to hoe to convince me that the shooting wasn't justified, tragic perhaps, but still legally justified.
    AMAZING!!
    I thought it was really weird that one could divine the probative value of evidence that they had never seen or heard from Arizona; but apparently one can pick up those those vibes on the Coastal bend of Texas also.
    Cyndi appears to have been greatly swayed by the fact that the dead boy wore a hoodie, and had grown some between his 13th and 17th birthdays. She has cited that "evidence"" numerous times
    You were also apparently swayed by the fact this kid also was larger as a 17 yr old than as a 13 yr old. What else were you influenced by in making your judgement?

    Please share, because I've gotta believe it must be overwhelming "evidence"; since you "Law & Order" types usually have a tendency to support the police and prosecution.

    I'm certain you two beacons of Justice & Law & Order aren't accepting everything Zimmerman says as fact in light of the fact that he has plenty of motivation to skew the facts, and that the authorities who have dealt with the case say there are inconsistencies in his version of the story. Additionally with his past police record, and the fact that he and his wife have been charged with lying since this incident, his credibility is questionable at best.

    I gotta believe that you two "Law & Order types would agree that with his record, and the fact he shot & killed the only witness who could belie his version of the story, that it would be a very bad precedent to set to simply accept his version of the story.

    So once again tell me please what it is that you two have been able to divine from 1000's of miles away that convinces you that he is being railroaded by the Fla authorities



    .

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oakdale,ct.
    Posts
    2,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I would certainly agree that a hung jury is probably not the most desirable outcome, but I for one have my doubts as to the reason that Zimmerman was arrested and indicted. Everything that I have seen and read leads me to believe that the arrest and indictment were POLITICALLY motivated and probably had little to do with the actual evidence. He wasn't charged or arrested until the media had splashed Treyvon's baby photo all over the airwaves making it look like Zimmerman had slaughtered an innocent practically with mother's milk still on his lips, and Jesse and Al got involved, clearly distorting the facts and essentially creating a lynch mob mentality to which the local authorities had to bend. Of course we aren't privy to all the evidence, but when the folks making the accusation go to such trouble to color the facts, it makes me very skeptical of their claims and the "prosecution" begins to look more like "persecution".

    With all the political pressure that was brought to bear by people whose motives are always in question, the prosecution has a tough row to hoe to convince me that the shooting wasn't justified, tragic perhaps, but still legally justified.
    As you know, they don't have to convince you. IF you were in the jurist pool and you answered the questions asked truthfully during the voir dire process, i'm sure you would be excused from jury duty on this trial, as would I.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

  8. #48
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    If they can find people with just Common sense it will help thats something we didnt see in the OJ or Casey Anthony case.
    Common sense is not so common...
    Bill Davis

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oakdale,ct.
    Posts
    2,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    I'm really happy that most of you dont live in the real world where people are kicking in your front door and your neighbors daily or where your 14 yr old son has to run upstairs and get his dads gun to shot the 37 yr old guy that just kicked in his front door. Or the Church group that is having a home meeting when the people come through their back door and shoot 3 of them, or you go to work leaving your 13 year old daughter home when someone bangs on her door than kicks it in and she has to run for her life. If you live that daily you would understand what Z was thinking maybe you would be suspicious.
    You're the one that needs to get real; the kid was walking down the street.

    -he wasn't armed
    -he wasn't trying doors to see if they were locked
    -he wasn't in possession of burglary tools
    -he wasn't tresspassing
    -he wasn't disturbing the peace

    how is that "suspicious"?

    what law was he breaking?

    now, Zimmerman cruising around, armed, looking for trouble- that might be "suspicious"........

    you think the type of crime you refererenced only happens in Arizona? if you do, you are either naiive or don't keep up with the news nationwide. -Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    1,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    FBI cleared Z of any racial profiling. Z is asking for a new judge fearing he can't get a fair trial because of remarks this Judge made during the hearing.

    Which is what always catches these judges with their tongue out. He'll get a new judge easily.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •