The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: College World Series

Default College World Series

OK Bon, since they have a chance with a win tonight and get into the finals against AZ... I'll say it. how about those Gamecocks??
    Bill Davis

didnt the top two seed already lose in Florida and UCLA......the SC Gamecocks or on the verge of doing something that hasnt been done since the other SC (Southern Cal Trojans) won three straight....I talked to Orel Hershiser (lives in LV)last week before he left to do the commentary on the CWS and he thinks they just might do it..I will not bet against them
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

We (it's my hometown) just beat Arkansas 3-2... Now best of 3 against AZ for all the marbles! Can you say three-peat??

PS... I think that was Carolina's 27th or 28th one run game this year! Great pitching and defense... a little light on the hitting.
    Bill Davis

Have to give credit where it is due. AZ came to Omaha on a mission and walked right through the competition. South Carolina made it to the championship matchup in spite of their weak hitting, thanks to a great defense and spectacular pitching. But, in the finals AZ's pitching was up to the task and their hitting was just as good as it has been the whole season. As a team, they almost hit .300! Anyway congrats to AZ, you earned it...
    Last edited by huntinman; 06-27-2012 at 04:02 PM.
    Bill Davis