The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 NCAA College Football Playoffs gdg

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Worthy of a or , but to show how cycles run when you are really on top . AZ claimed it's 4th CWS title & the PAC 12 by far the most by any conference.

PAC 12 - 22
    SEC - 9
    WAC - 7 which includes 4 by ASU & 1 by AZ prior to joining the Pac 10 in 1978
    Big Ten - 6
    Indy's - 5
    Big 8 - 4
    SW - 4 Come on Bon, what's this, aren't your Shorthorns in this group
    Big 12 - 2
    SoCal - 2
    Big West- 2
    ACC - 1
    MVC - 1
    WCAC - 1
    SEC came very close to a sweep this year of the big 3 sports Championships; Football, B'ball and Baseball. SEC didn't get the Baseball title this season but has dominated the CWS over the last 10-20 years Had not all the SEC teams been placed in one bracket except for one team, I don't think anyone would have seen Arizona win ten straight games. Don't get me wrong, Arizona did have the best Baseball team this season. Of course, when it come to the BIG one, College Football, the SEC owns it!
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    SEC came very close to a sweep this year of the big 3 sports Championships; Football, B'ball and Baseball. SEC didn't get the Baseball title this season but has dominated the CWS over the last 10-20 years Had not all the SEC teams been placed in one bracket except for one team, I don't think anyone would have seen Arizona win ten straight games. Don't get me wrong, Arizona did have the best Baseball team this season. Of course, when it come to the BIG one, College Football, the SEC owns it!
    Franco - programs are judged by their all around excellence -

1 - Stanford
    2 - Florida
    3 - UCLA
    4 - Ohio State
    5 - Florida State

I remember when the Big 10, Minnesota's Golden Gophers specifically, were the rage around the country - so it is a cyclical thing. So as Dback says - back to adult beverages & immmediate family intimacy for the SEC fans - shades of "God's Little Acre"

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

better check your stats...since 1992 the SEC has won 7 NCAA Baseball CWS....West coast teams have won 8 CWS in that same span....must be that revisionist history you keep talking about

http://www.ncaa.com/history/baseball/d1
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    better check your stats...since 1992 the SEC has won 7 NCAA Baseball CWS....West coast teams have won 8 CWS in that same span....must be that revisionist history you keep talking about

http://www.ncaa.com/history/baseball/d1
    Haha, your sense of humor is entertaining

SEC vs west coast schools. What if I used your logic and clumped schools in the south vs Pac 10? Colleges like Miami and Texas/Rice from a state that fought with the Confederacy.
    Last edited by Franco; 06-27-2012 at 10:59 AM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Don't get me wrong, Arizona did have the best Baseball team this season.
    A strong case could be made that they weren't even the best team in the state of Arizona......they certainly weren't the best in the PAC. That would have placed the pride of the sec......oh.......somewhere's about a mid level PAC team.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Also......just two PAC schools U$C & ASU have been to the CWS finals more then the ENTIRE sec.......so, peshaw and phart in your general direction..........

and..... we have a kick arse water ballerina team to boot
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    Also......just two PAC schools U$C & ASU have been to the CWS finals more then the ENTIRE sec.......so, peshaw and phart in your general direction..........

and those two baseball powers have the most HOF'ers and future HOF'ers as alumnists
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Franco - programs are judged by their all around excellence -

1 - Stanford
    2 - Florida
    3 - UCLA
    4 - Ohio State
    5 - Florida State

I remember when the Big 10, Minnesota's Golden Gophers specifically, were the rage around the country - so it is a cyclical thing. So as Dback says - back to adult beverages & immmediate family intimacy for the SEC fans - shades of "God's Little Acre"
    Which sport are we talking about here Marv? Certainly, not Football though Florida is in the SEC!

Baseball? Find me a program that has won more since 1990. Here's a hint, they reside in the SEC.

Football, Six in a row, which Conference has come close to that dominence?

And just so you now, we were talking Baseball.
    Last edited by Franco; 06-27-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post

Was that in the pre-Digital era?

Was that in the pre-Digital era?
    Guess you'll need to be a little more specific here Franco......would that be the real Digital age or when you Bayou Bois finally out grew your Franklin Ace 1000's???