The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: "It's Just a Flag....."

Default "It's Just a Flag....."

Stan b & Elvis

if you look at where we are as a country in regards to the pledge of allegiance, one must go back a couple of generations.....Did our teachers do a good enough job of explaining WHY we did the Pledge every morning in school or was it done as a morning ritual with very little thought...

Now fast forward to today's PC (politically correct) world...we seem to grease the squeeky wheel, groups like the ACLU file suits to remove the word God from the Pledge, we allow those that choose not to do the Pledge to stand in class and not do a thing...we take the Star Spangled Banner played at sporting events for granted, we get more enthralled with the sporting event itself

IMO it comes down to education, in my family my parents and older siblings sat us down and made us realize how fortunate we were to be living in this country,how the difference between living in the US and living in a war torn third world country was due to a little bit of luck, a bit of foresight, and by the Grace of God...those of my brother's and sister's that spent their teen years in the P.I. during WWII helped to make those of us that grew up here realize how fortunate we were. My dad was a career military man, and he and my mom were devout Christians and were lucky enough to survive the war, so they instilled a sense of pride in our family and patriotism was easy to come by..

Somewhere along the line we as a Nation have forgotten those lessons, we only get patriotic during the Olympics, or when there is a national tragedy...We only have to watch the news on a daily basis and look to see that we are indeed fortunate to live here, then we have to teach that to our kids...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

HAPPY TO LIVE IN RURAL OKALHOMA....
    We salute the flag every morning in school, and at every ballgame.
    We say prayers at ballgames too.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Here's what our First Lady thinks of the flag... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJgWMI0hch8
    Bill Davis