The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunner's Up Holding blind

Default Gunner's Up Holding blind

Gunner's Up sent me a holding blind to test several months ago. I stand behind anything I recommend so I wanted to wait a while before I posted anything about them to make sure they were a quality product. I have put some very heavy use on it so far and it still looks and functions like brand new. These are very light weight and I was worried that would equal something that would not hold up to heavy use. This is not the case the light weight poles are still straight and show no signs of wear. I have used these by myself, with my training group, and at club training days. I am not easy on my equipment, I set it up, take it down and toss it in the truck. No special care at all.

Iam not sure if it comes in other patterns, but mine is the digital camo and it seems to blend in well with most cover if that is what I am using it for. It comes in three and four pole models. Our club liked them so much that we are going to order some for the club.

I know this will be looked at with skeptisim since I received this to test for them, but I assure you they are a very nice blind.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Gunner's Up sent me a holding blind to test several months ago. I stand behind anything I recommend so I wanted to wait a while before I posted anything about them to make sure they were a quality product. I have put some very heavy use on it so far and it still looks and functions like brand new. These are very light weight and I was worried that would equal something that would not hold up to heavy use. This is not the case the light weight poles are still straight and show no signs of wear. I have used these by myself, with my training group, and at club training days. I am not easy on my equipment, I set it up, take it down and toss it in the truck. No special care at all.

Iam not sure if it comes in other patterns, but mine is the digital camo and it seems to blend in well with most cover if that is what I am using it for. It comes in three and four pole models. Our club liked them so much that we are going to order some for the club.

I know this will be looked at with skeptisim since I received this to test for them, but I assure you they are a very nice blind.
    Corey, Do you have a link to this blind, so we can see it?
    Last edited by Thomas D; 06-25-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    Tom Dorroh

Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Looks like a copy of Butch Greens holding Blind only not as well finished. $150.00 I will stick with Butch Green better finish on the blind material and a much better price. Poles are both the same from what I can see only butch doesn't powder coat his poles. Butch's blinds are hard to beat for the $$$ The quality is first rate and Butch stands behind everything he sells!!
    Warren Price
    w. price

Quote Originally Posted by rookie View Post
    Looks like a copy of Butch Greens holding Blind only not as well finished. $150.00 I will stick with Butch Green better finish on the blind material and a much better price. Poles are both the same from what I can see only butch doesn't powder coat his poles. Butch's blinds are hard to beat for the $$$ The quality is first rate and Butch stands behind everything he sells!!
    Warren Price
    Warren,

I think you may suffer from little man syndrome or maybe more like little winger syndrome! Every time someone posts a question or statement about Gunners Up, Zinger, Tangelo, etc. you have a negative comment & then post "Hey look at my company, hey look at my company". Do a search on your previous posts & you'll see what I'm talking about.

Life's too short to be negative all the time. Focus your efforts on self/business improvement & quit worrying so much about your competitors & the rest will take care of itself.

Business Mgt. 101 regards,

Richard Davis
    Official Launcher of the 2005, 2006,2007,2008,2009 & 2010 HRC Fall & Spring Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by rookie View Post
    Warren Price
    How can you Determine quality from a picture. Gu stands behind their product also

Do you own a competitor company?
    GRHRCH Huntington's Aged T Perfection MH...Colby (FC AFC Roux MH x GMPR Tyra MH)
    HRCH Huntington's All That Melody...Jazz (GRHRCH Boomer x Callie) Momma's Girl
    Huntington's Cool Customer... Chilly (Lefty QAA x Black SH)

No we don't build blinds but that said if you take the time to look at the Blinds that Butch Green builds you will see a quality blind that is built right! Butch was the first one to to really push the aluminum pole. I first saw them at the Master National held in Ca in 2010. I was very impressed with the craftsmanship so much so that I brought some home for myself and some of my close friends. We have used them for two years and they still look like brand new with no problems. Great blind and reasonably priced. There is an old saw that a picture is worth a thousand words! I would suggest that you take a look at the other blinds before you spend your money!

Warren Price

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Huntington View Post
    How can you Determine quality from a picture. Gu stands behind their product also

Do you own a competitor company?
    w. price

Richard

Thank you for your professional opinion. I didn't know you were a licensed psychologist able to make such a determination from ones informational post as Cory did. You are licensed right!

We both know there are other products out there that compete with what we build. Informed buyers are our best advertisers. Their satisfaction with a product is the moving force that keeps us in business! Like build a better mouse trap and they will come! Business 101!

This forum is not for personal slams but if you would like to discuss this further my phone number is 716-807-5839
    Warren Price

www.trainrite.net

Built in America by American citizens

Quote Originally Posted by Gunners Up View Post
    Warren,

I think you may suffer from little man syndrome or maybe more like little winger syndrome! Every time someone posts a question or statement about Gunners Up, Zinger, Tangelo, etc. you have a negative comment & then post "Hey look at my company, hey look at my company". Do a search on your previous posts & you'll see what I'm talking about.

Life's too short to be negative all the time. Focus your efforts on self/business improvement & quit worrying so much about your competitors & the rest will take care of itself.

Business Mgt. 101 regards,

Richard Davis
    w. price

[QUOTE=rookie;984214]No we don't build blinds but that said if you take the time to look at the Blinds that Butch Green builds you will see a quality blind that is built right! Butch was the first one to to really push the aluminum pole. I first saw them at the Master National held in Ca in 2010. I was very impressed with the craftsmanship so much so that I brought some home for myself and some of my close friends. We have used them for two years and they still look like brand new with no problems. Great blind and reasonably priced. There is an old saw that a picture is worth a thousand words! I would suggest that you take a look at the other blinds before you spend your money!

Warren Price[/QUOTE

On your website it shows a holding blind for sale. Is that a butch blind or another ? Because either u don't build blinds like you said above or you are selling a product that is not as good as the butch blinds you are bragging on... So which is the quality blind. Pictures worth a 1000 words but can't tell from the pics

Are the wingers the same ones that dogs afield sells or are they a competitive copy

There are competitive products for the consumer to decide.

Kinda like a presidential race start slinging mud to make oneself look better

You may have a great product but the marketing plan hurts

Jeff
    GRHRCH Huntington's Aged T Perfection MH...Colby (FC AFC Roux MH x GMPR Tyra MH)
    HRCH Huntington's All That Melody...Jazz (GRHRCH Boomer x Callie) Momma's Girl
    Huntington's Cool Customer... Chilly (Lefty QAA x Black SH)

Jeff
    Yes those are Butch Greens blinds not a copy! We are always interested in products that exceed others in design and quality. Dogs Afield does sell our equipment. Trainrite bird launchers and releases.
    Butch Green quite simply has set the standard for blinds, craftmanship, quality and a long service life! No brag needed the product is excellant!
    Warren Price
    w. price